IGNORED

You guys can thank UniWarS for this one... (Galaxian?)

PacManPlus

Another great interview! UniwarS is a coin-op that I only played a handful of times BITD. Couldn't believe when you @PacManPluspullled this one out! Total Ratatouille moment when first seeing your screen shots for this one. Loving it and of course PMC 40th and Galaxian Arcade.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, DarthDuke said:

Playing this on the EMU7800 emulator on my PC. It is indeed awesome! I've always liked Galaxian a bit better than Galaga, so I'm very glad to be able to play this 7800 version at home. 

I agree and feel similarly.  You & I are likely part of a small group who prefer Galaxian (I get the awesomeness that is the dual ship thing in Galaga, I really do...).  Not sure if it's just nostalgia, the little needle like bullets, the sounds, or what it is.  But Galaga always seemed a bit more...squishy? Cartoony?  IDK.  Galaxian kind of had its own vibe that I still prefer to this day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:43 PM, DarthDuke said:

Playing this on the EMU7800 emulator on my PC. It is indeed awesome! I've always liked Galaxian a bit better than Galaga, so I'm very glad to be able to play this 7800 version at home. 

7 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

I agree and feel similarly.  You & I are likely part of a small group who prefer Galaxian (I get the awesomeness that is the dual ship thing in Galaga, I really do...).  Not sure if it's just nostalgia, the little needle like bullets, the sounds, or what it is.  But Galaga always seemed a bit more...squishy? Cartoony?  IDK.  Galaxian kind of had its own vibe that I still prefer to this day.Me

Me too. Nostalgia for me and the sounds were so unique to it. You could always hear Galaxian over everything in the arcade. Something about it...

Edited by Zonie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

I agree and feel similarly.  You & I are likely part of a small group who prefer Galaxian (I get the awesomeness that is the dual ship thing in Galaga, I really do...).  Not sure if it's just nostalgia, the little needle like bullets, the sounds, or what it is.  But Galaga always seemed a bit more...squishy? Cartoony?  IDK.  Galaxian kind of had its own vibe that I still prefer to this day.

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head. Galaga is like a squishy, cartoony remake of Galaxian. Galaxian does seem to have more of an edge to it than Galaga. It's funny that my friends and I used to debate about which was better and saw the two games as rivals even though they were both Namco games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarthDuke said:

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head. Galaga is like a squishy, cartoony remake of Galaxian. Galaxian does seem to have more of an edge to it than Galaga. It's funny that my friends and I used to debate about which was better and saw the two games as rivals even though they were both Namco games. 

I also always preferred Galaxian - better sound, I always felt it was a more 'vibrant' machine and it was the first of its kind really... a massively uopdated Space Invaders. Was so audible in the arcade and I loved the cab art too. Timeless.

• Like 2