IGNORED

Compatible Peripherals and controllers for VCS

justclaws

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2021 at 6:00 PM, lbruington said:

I bought an external USB CD/DVD drive today and it works great with the VCS. 

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/460958/Verbatim-External-Slimline-CD-And-DVD/fromLocalBrowse=true

Define works with the VCS.  In the Atari OS (not PC mode), are you able to read DVD-ROM discs?  If so, are you able to burn Atari VCS games to DVD-R, or is it read only?

• 2 months later...

I've been able to determine that the Dualshock 4 headphone audio issue (sends to headphone rather than HDMI) only happens when the DS4 is wired to the VCS. Was able to connect DS4 over Bluetooth after factory resetting the DS4 and audio worked good.

I have not to date been able to get my Dualsense (PS5 controller) to pair correctly over bluetooth or work wired with my VCS. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The Logitech F710 wireless controller in fact works pretty well with the Atari VCS OS via wireless dongle. Had difficulty working in Savage Halloween but every other game I tested (Gunslugs, Bloo Kid and Centipede Recharged) as well as Joust in Antstream Arcade was able to function properly. My Bluetooth is off and not currently functioning so this was a great pick up to play wirelessly if Bluetooth isn't working well. The Logitech button in the center of the controller allows you to exit back to the dashboard.

20231108_193234.jpg

20231108_193146.jpg

• Like 1