IGNORED

Connecting your Lynx to a TV

YOK-dfa

Wizztronics was working on some sort of modification that would enable you to connect a Lynx to a TV. It was called Lynx Vision, and you can find out more if you click here.

Interestingly, I just went to that page for the first time in over a year, and it was updated to say that it would be shipping second quarter 2003. Although the second quarter has passed, I was surprised to see this, since I thought the project was abandoned a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

If you follow that link, the guy claims that the Lynx can be simply modified to supply composite RCA video out. I will believe it when I see it. The Lynx does not have composite video, the video is strictly a digital pixel by pixel screen, which was one of the main differences between the Lynx and the GameGear. The Lynx had crisper and brighter colors, although the GameGear had higher resolution and a TV adaptor available.

I've hooked up Lynx emulators to the TV using my Laptops (Windows and Mac), and that is your best bet. You can smooth the image by using various bit-smoothing algorithms, and even if you could display your Lynx on the TV, the image would be tiny or blown up and pixelated.

The Wizztronics piece of equipment apparently was demo'ed once or twice, but they never went into production.

Tom