IGNORED

Othello - Anyone else suck at this game?

sramirez2008

I've never played Othello, but I recently received this cart and thought I'd give it a go. The instructions seemed easy enough, but it took me quite a few games before I was able to defeat the computer, on NOVICE. Guess I need to work on my strategy. This is a fun game and (in my case) the AI is challenging. This one is going into my rotation.

Any other Othello players out there??

F9E98C2C-33C9-4EB3-95C2-7D1955E732E7.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008
Photo swap
  • Like 5

I've always liked Othello although I only played a few games about 10 years ago. I feel it is a game that is really well done and suites the 2600 perfectly. The game fits in the 8x8 grid and has a nice kernel to show a white or black block while still keeping the background around it. The version you are playing also has the markers in the middle. This was all done in 2K and back in the day too. I don't remember if I actually ever beat Othello or not.

Othello reminds me of a couple of other games that are not related at all. One is Dice Puzzle and the other is the Activsion Unknown Game #1. I have once actually solved the Activision game before:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/117666-i-solved-activisions-unknown-prototype-1/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Omegamatrix said:

Othello reminds me of a couple of other games that are not related at all. One is Dice Puzzle and the other is the Activsion Unknown Game #1

Holy cow! Activision Unknown Game #1 looks cool. I’ll have to definitely give it a try.

Congrats on beating it!

On 2/4/2021 at 9:47 AM, sramirez2008 said:

I've never played Othello, but I recently received this cart and thought I'd give it a go. The instructions seemed easy enough, but it took me quite a few games before I was able to defeat the computer, on NOVICE. Guess I need to work on my strategy. This is a fun game and (in my case) the AI is challenging. This one is going into my rotation.

Any other Othello players out there??

F9E98C2C-33C9-4EB3-95C2-7D1955E732E7.jpeg

I 100% the board one time! It was on novice of course. I have othello or reversi on every cellphone I own since I was a kid!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I need to dedicate some time. I’ve only been playing on Novice to try to get a perfect score, but the best I can get to is 50/14 split. 

Here ya go! 1st picture is before I inserted the last piece then the 2nd pic is when I inserted it and it went into attract mode! Good luck! It’s so much playing this.

95FE9F18-7986-4F60-B629-3D2BFEB15E64.jpeg

8A66EA84-777D-42EF-A137-5567DA13DB8A.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

@ErkTheJerk That’s awesome? Seems like you can do this pretty easily. 

I’ll have to keep playing.

I play a lot on my cellphone here’s a tip you might already know... try to take over the corners! And I think I got lucky  ? 

Edited by ErkTheJerk
  • Like 1