IGNORED

Concerto Issues

Paul Holbrook

For some systems Concerto doesn't work at all.   My AT84 Serial console, not one game would work, many wouldn't even fully load. 

On one of my A3 units ~80% of the retail library works perfectly fine.  Out of the remaining 20%, half have minor issues, and the other half are a no go or showstopping issue.  Under that same A3 unit, most homebrews tested play great too.

Overall, in my lot of consoles, it's a 50/50 split between behaving like the AT84 Serial mention or the A3 Serial

If you're sure the cart slot on your console is clean, and you are already utilizing valid ROMs, there may not be much else that can be done outside of waiting for batari to provide an updated Firmware (Current version is 0.95), for these Pre-Production cartridges.  When a new firmware is ready for testing, it will be posted in the Concerto Firmware thread.

The only other item you may want to check is the SD card you are using.  I had much greater success with a newer (SanDisk) 32GB Ultra Plus card, than older 16GB, 4GB, and 2GB cards.

• Like 2

If all the Concerto code runs fine, it's not the cart slot.  SD card or firmware version would be the first to check.  I still haven't played with any of these yet.  Not even the old Mateos cart <shame>, but whatever, the devs got paid!

12 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Is this a message you get from the Concerto firmware?

On one of the demos in Trebors pack, can't recall which one, I was getting that same message of unrecognizable type from the actual Concerto. It was a .a78 file, but was a very long file name, so I assume that might be the issue.

7 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

On one of the demos in Trebors pack, can't recall which one, I was getting that same message of unrecognizable type from the actual Concerto. It was a .a78 file, but was a very long file name, so I assume that might be the issue.

The demos are all over the place - many of them won’t run because they were written on various emulators over years or decades now with no way for many people to test them on real hardware. 

Now if he’s getting that issue with any of the retail NTSC releases, that sounds like something with the SD card.