IGNORED

Tengen Game Carts (Licensed and Non)

Jasoco

I see copies of both variations frequently, I wouldn't call either of them rare (Tengen Tetris is rarer than Nintendo Tetris, but that's another story). If I had to say one was rarer, I'd say the liscensed carts, only because those show up a little less frequently (not by much, though). Don't know how it is in other parts of the country.

+ After Burner Tengen C+

+ Alien Syndrome Tengen C+

+ Fantasy Zone Tengen C

+ Gauntlet (licensed) Tengen C

+ Gauntlet (unlicensed) Tengen C

+ Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Tengen B-

+ Klax Tengen B+

+ Ms. Pacman Tengen B+

+ Pac Man (licensed) Tengen B-

+ Pac Man (unlicensed) Tengen B-

+ Pac Mania Tengen A

+ RBI Baseball (licensed) Tengen C+

+ RBI Baseball (unlicensed) Tengen C

+ RBI Baseball 2 Tengen C+

+ RBI Baseball 3 Tengen B-

+ Road Runner Tengen B+

+ Rolling Thunder Tengen C+

+ Shinobi Tengen C+

+ Skull & Crossbones Tengen B

+ Super Sprint Tengen C

+ Tetris Tengen A-

+ Toobin Tengen B

+ Vindicators Tengen C

And I'm guessing they've had their copy for awhile?

Even Toobin', which is rated a B above, isn't that hard to come by, I've seen a few out there. NES games are generally not as rare or sought after as 2600 games. I'd bet that the rarest NES game isn't as rare as the rarest 2600 game, but then, I don't know what the rarest NES game is (did I say rare enough in that last sentence?).

the rarest NES game, is the Nintendo World Championship cart. There were only 27 copies released to the winners of a Nintendo Power Contest, and the finalists of the NWC. Although, there were obviously more carts made for all of the kiosks of for the Powerfest.

the rarest NES game, is the Nintendo World Championship cart.  There were only 27 copies released to the winners of a Nintendo Power Contest, and the finalists of the NWC.  Although, there were obviously more carts made for all of the kiosks of for the Powerfest.

Small correction - the finalists got the ultra-rare gold version, but about a hundred people got the gray cart version which still pops on the radar once in a blue moon; I even know of one first-hand reported sighting of one being sold at a secondhand store for a few bucks. Lucky stiff! :P

the rarest NES game, is the Nintendo World Championship cart.  There were only 27 copies released to the winners of a Nintendo Power Contest, and the finalists of the NWC.  Although, there were obviously more carts made for all of the kiosks of for the Powerfest.

Small correction - the finalists got the ultra-rare gold version, but about a hundred people got the gray cart version which still pops on the radar once in a blue moon; I even know of one first-hand reported sighting of one being sold at a secondhand store for a few bucks. Lucky stiff! :P

AAHHHHHHHHH.....!!!

Breathe in Breathe out

calm down its just the NWC cart for a few bucks

AAHHHHHHHHHH.....!!!!

I picked up the Licensed versions of Gauntlet and RBI Baseball today.

I have one question. If some Tengen games were licensed, why aren't there ANY Tengen games on Nintendo's official game list? I can understand the unlicensed games, but not even the licensed ones? If Tengen's missing, how do I know others aren't? Is there a real reason they wouldn't put licensed ones on the list?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads...older_games.pdf

I have one question. If some Tengen games were licensed, why aren't there ANY Tengen games on Nintendo's official game list? I can understand the unlicensed games, but not even the licensed ones?

I've always wondered that myself. I assume it's just Nintendo's way of holding a grudge over the whole Tetris debacle.

Some people have a grudge against Mike Etler, but his list is the original. Here is a link where someone took Etlers rarity list and added prices, most of which seem pretty fair.

http://antseezee.sphosting.com/updatedrare.txt

You are not authorized to view this page  

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.  

I have one question. If some Tengen games were licensed, why aren't there ANY Tengen games on Nintendo's official game list? I can understand the unlicensed games, but not even the licensed ones? If Tengen's missing, how do I know others aren't? Is there a real reason they wouldn't put licensed ones on the list?http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/list_of_older_games.pdf

Once Tengen started manufacturing unlicensed Nintendo games, Nintendo immediately revoked Tengen's license. If those games were "officially licensed" products at one point, they stopped being so when the trouble began.

For the record, I have the black GAUNTLET cart.