IGNORED

Jag and N4 Video Processor.....

JaguarGod

I recently picked up a few Viewsonic NextVision N4 video processors and tried my Jaguars on a few of my computer monitors. It seemed to work best on my LCD monitors and had only a few problems. I experienced the most problems with Zero5. Has anyone else tried this video processor? The graphics look decent, though a bit dull on some of the older monitors, and the monitors are in 1024 X 768 giving you full view of the Jaguars "jaggy edge" graphics. You can switch between resolutions easily and it comes with a remote which makes things a lot easier.

I have now hooked up my BattleSphere, Doom and Aircars (yeah, I know Aircars isn't that good networked) networks utilizing more of these N4 video processors and it is working out failry well. Granted, most of the monitors being used are not very good. But it does the job.

My wife and daughters and I are having fun playing networked BattleSphere. The older they get, the more they enjoy getting blown up in the BattleSphere. The more BattleSphere, the Better!!!

Jason "JaguarGod" Frabotta

Thanks. Sounds interesting, but it didn't explain it quite enough for me. The interlaced to progressive scan is definately a plus, but can this thing actually use an HDTV broadcast signal, or is it merely taking the 480i broadcast signal and displaying it on a monitor? I'd buy one today if can recieve HDTV signals.

I keep getting tempted to buy one of those

Viewsonic converters. The wife has a PC with 19inch moniter in the gameroom and it sure would be nice to play games on it (with two polk speakers too!)

The Amazon reviews make it sound pretty decent, especially compared to other upscan converters, but not as good as a

nice s-video or better tv.

Guess my main problem is I don't want my three 1702 monitors to become obsolete :)