IGNORED

LTO Flash Issues

Rickster8

Hi Guys,

So I bought an LTO Flash and when I try to get ROMs and unzip them they are showing up as .BIN files. Then when my LTO Flash tries to find them in downloads the folder is empty. What am I doing wrong? Clearly it's looking for .ROM files but they are not getting unzipped this way. Do I have to somehow transmit the .BIN file to a .ROM file listing? Sorry I'm a techie N00b. This shit has never come easy for me unfortunately... :( 

Thanks for any help you can give. 

Rickster8

57 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Have you tried unzipping the file and dragging the bin to the LTO front end?

Tried a few times. The LTO Flash software doesn't recognize the BIN file in either the ROMs List section or the Menu Layout section. It's been a total clusterphuck so far..... ?

5 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

I think I got a lemon and that's the problem. The LTO Flash Software is not detecting the LTO Flash cart... No matter what I do it still does not detect it.... No troubleshooting is working..... ?

It could be the cable. Do you have another one to try?

The LTO does work with bin files.

Edited by cmadruga

5 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

It could be the cable. Do you have another one to try?

The LTO does work with bin files.

I actually just found another cord and it doesn't work either... I think it's a lemon cart.... That would figure as I have a long history of buying them..... ugggghhhh

LTO Flash! doesn't come with a cable.  OK, the first 150 or so I sold 4+ years ago did.  The rest did not.  

It's possible you need to install the FTDI driver. Some Windows machines won't install it automatically. You can install it from here: https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/

In any case, that's separate from the problem of whether the GUI recognizes the BIN files.  The GUI tries fairly hard to recognize all known Intellivision ROM extensions. It should handle the oddball extensions like INT as well.

@intvsteve is the GUI expert. Hopefully he can help get you going.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, Rickster8 said:

Hi Guys,

So I bought an LTO Flash and when I try to get ROMs and unzip them they are showing up as .BIN files. Then when my LTO Flash tries to find them in downloads the folder is empty. What am I doing wrong? Clearly it's looking for .ROM files but they are not getting unzipped this way. Do I have to somehow transmit the .BIN file to a .ROM file listing? Sorry I'm a techie N00b. This shit has never come easy for me unfortunately... :( 

Thanks for any help you can give. 

Rickster8

The UI supports .bin, .rom, and other formats. In the past, there have been times when, with file extensions hidden, it turns out people were trying to add .zip files rather than the .bin + .cfg files to their system.

I'll contact you via PM. We'll figure this out.

On 2/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, Rickster8 said:

I also have an Ultimate Flashback which has tons of ROMs. How do I get them from my Flashback to my computer where the LTO Flash software will find them? 

To do this, you'll likely need to connect to the flashback over the network and copy the files - but whether that's possible or not depends on your flashback setup. Not sure if you can power it all off, take out the SD card and locate the ROMs on it from another computer.