IGNORED

Harmony redesign

Prizrak

There are not currently any plans for a new Harmony cart at this time but more that an upgrade may be available for existing carts to support new games being developed. All older carts are upgradable, actually. I don’t plan on ceasing production of the existing Harmony at this time. There isn’t a point in upgrading now as there aren’t even demos of these games out, and it’s always a possibility that the game authors will ultimately not use the extra memory these games require. 

As for getting an Encore, the firmware is being retooled and there will be two versions. One will be for standard Harmony carts and the changes will mostly be bug fixes and minor improvements. For encore an enhanced firmware is in the works. The reason is that there are features and planned that the standard Harmony will not support. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, batari said:

There are not currently any plans for a new Harmony cart at this time but more that an upgrade may be available for existing carts to support new games being developed. All older carts are upgradable, actually. I don’t plan on ceasing production of the existing Harmony at this time. There isn’t a point in upgrading now as there aren’t even demos of these games out, and it’s always a possibility that the game authors will ultimately not use the extra memory these games require. 

Very cool I'm looking forward to the firmware upgrade for the existing Harmony carts to allow for larger modular programs for SuperCharger Disk BASIC -

I just released this edition and the Harmony runs the modular programs the most smoothly like a FastLoader by not emulating those 1541 loading bars; I hope that gets ported to carts that have the waiting time.

• 3 weeks later...