IGNORED

Ex-Activision Designers Launch Retro Game Publisher Audacity Games™

jaybird3rd

Kinda sucks that this message about the delay didn't pop up UNTIL the timer ran out? I'd much rather have known about this ahead of time as they had to know there was a problem before the countdown ended. Oh well, tomorrow it is.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Kinda sucks that this message about the delay didn't pop up UNTIL the timer ran out? I'd much rather have known about this ahead of time as they had to know there was a problem before the countdown ended. Oh well, tomorrow it is.

I don't think they knew until the last minute.

They commented on a post on reddit 26 minutes ago saying they were go for launch 20 minutes later.   Must have been an unexpected glitch.

I wonder if it had to do with daylight savings time messing with server code.

• Like 1

I don't even get a message. Logging into my account or clicking the on sale now button keeps bringing me back to the "editions" main page where it says "Available Later Today"

EDIT: okay, now it's changed. I guess the refresh button will be part of my arsenal.

• Like 1

So, when you log into your account do you see anything different than before? I just see the normal "Editions" page. not my name or "signed in" or "log out" or anything. Not sure if I'm even getting logged in.

I registered for an account yesterday but haven't gotten an e-mail or anything.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 9:26 PM, mos6507 said:

This is something I never would have imagined 20+ years ago when I interviewed some of these people.

All the philosophical discussions that have come and gone about the merits of a) continuing to write 2600 games and b) using more than, let's say 32K and here we are with a 128K game and a board layout that can handle 256K.  Pretty amazing.  I know this isn't the first time one of the OG's released a new game (or finished a proto) but this seems to be more of an ongoing commercial enterprise rather than a one-off.  That's what is blowing my mind.

I may have to consider getting back into this hobby again...

That being said, it saddens me to read some of the reactions.  There's more effort being spent speculating how the DRM is going to work and how one might go about breaking it than any sense of appreciation or respect.

I also don't think we should conjure up any sort of turf-battle rivalry between the homebrew scene and these guys.  If they want to make more traditional closed-source commercial games, more power to them.  I love the communal aspect of homebrews but they certainly have the experience to know how to make quality games in private.

We should be encouraging them. Not only could they make some great new games, but it might inspire some more original 2600 programmers to get back into writing 2600 (and other classic system) games.

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

So, when you log into your account do you see anything different than before? I just see the normal "Editions" page. not my name or "signed in" or "log out" or anything. Not sure if I'm even getting logged in.

I registered for an account yesterday but haven't gotten an e-mail or anything.

^This!!