IGNORED

Xybort (WIP)

6 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Level five is an ocean. The shark will follow you and will not stop following you. Here is a special ROM for you to try the level out. It starts at level 5. Let me know.

I made it so now the level ends after 20 shots instead of 25 to fit this level in.

zipzaplevel5.png.b673be48460e9181070a255194f4ebbc.png

zipzap27level5.bin 4 kB · 2 downloads

Fun.  When I was playing, I wondered if I could shoot the shark to give me a second before a new one started chasing me.  The shark was easy enough to evade not to need to be able to do this though.

19 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Level five is an ocean. The shark will follow you and will not stop following you. Here is a special ROM for you to try the level out. It starts at level 5. Let me know.

I made it so now the level ends after 20 shots instead of 25 to fit this level in.

zipzaplevel5.png.b673be48460e9181070a255194f4ebbc.png

zipzap27level5.bin 4 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for this, I've tested both 26 and 27 now. I liked the change of colour for the guy on level 4 to blue, but I think this was switched to white for 27? Either works, but preferred the blue personally.

I also noticed in 27, the boss is removed from the screen for a few moments after being shot, compared to previous versions where they stayed solid. Was that intentional? I felt like it didn't make a lot of difference as it reappeared before another shot would have reached it anyway, but perhaps a "hit" colour like red would have worked as well.

6 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

I also noticed in 27, the boss is removed from the screen for a few moments after being shot, compared to previous versions where they stayed solid. Was that intentional? I felt like it didn't make a lot of difference as it reappeared before another shot would have reached it anyway, but perhaps a "hit" colour like red would have worked as well.

This was not intentional, it was a bug. I fixed it. The robot color should be the same in both versions. Here is a new version. I made the shark go a little faster. Tell me what you think.

zipzap28level5.bin

1 hour ago, atari2600land said:

I don't think they do. How do others feel? Is it just me not seeing it?

Ergonomically the fin size increases as it goes down the body, so if it's chasing you, it's tallest bit is at the back and furthest away. I noticed it, I just thought it was intentional!