IGNORED

EU based shop for TI-99/4a modern hardware extensions?

xahmol

(Sorry and please delete if I did not search well enough and this is a question answered many times already)

Does anybody have suggestions for EU based sellers of new TI-99/4a stuff?

I want to buy both  a TIPI/32k memory extension (preferably in a combined package with a Raspberry, case and EU plug PSU) and a RetroTink COMP2RGB (as I did already find a EU TI to component video cable, but want to go to SCART). I did of course find the TBA, Arcadeshopper and RetroTink store sites, but shipping from the US to the EU is so expensive these days (especially as in Covid times I am reluctant to risk non-tracked shipping) that you pay as much on shipping and custom duties as the original item is costing.

So if anybody knows of EU based resellers of these (or likewise good quality alternatives), I would love to now before paying for shipping from the US.

(Located in the Netherlands by the way)

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2021 at 1:53 PM, xahmol said:

(Sorry and please delete if I did not search well enough and this is a question answered many times already)

Does anybody have suggestions for EU based sellers of new TI-99/4a stuff?

I want to buy both  a TIPI/32k memory extension (preferably in a combined package with a Raspberry, case and EU plug PSU) and a RetroTink COMP2RGB (as I did already find a EU TI to component video cable, but want to go to SCART). I did of course find the TBA, Arcadeshopper and RetroTink store sites, but shipping from the US to the EU is so expensive these days (especially as in Covid times I am reluctant to risk non-tracked shipping) that you pay as much on shipping and custom duties as the original item is costing.

So if anybody knows of EU based resellers of these (or likewise good quality alternatives), I would love to now before paying for shipping from the US.

(Located in the Netherlands by the way)

I found this one via some other site:

https://videogameperfection.com

The shop is located in Ireland. Just ordered a Retrotink 2x Scart for about 111 euro inclusief VAT and Shipping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

The shop is located in Ireland. Just ordered a Retrotink 2x Scart for about 111 euro inclusief VAT and Shipping.

nobody has the combo board other than me..  so if you find one elsewhere it'll be a resale unless they are building their own boards - parts are likely unobtainable 

Edited by arcadeshopper

17 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

Thanks! I did not know of this one. Bought my Retrotink from an auction site to avoid the taxes and shipping, and also found a Framemeister xRGB Mini on an auction site, plus the SCART adapter for the TI-99/4a from the Italian user group. So I now connect my TI via SCART to the Framemeister to capture, and simultanously via a scart splitter have the screen on my Sony CRT TV via SCART.

See

and

https://www.idreamtin8bits.com/my-ti-99-4a

But good to know an EU source for new ones as well (alltough most Retrotinks are sold out there now, a Retrotink 5X Pro is still on my want list).

This site does not sell TIPIs though, but indeed does sell Retrotinks.

I bought my TIPI indeed in the end from @arcadeshopper, as the EU one I bought worked but proved to be incompatible with a SAMS from Arcadeshopper (connector was just the other way around male/female).
Now that I also have a F18A from Arcadeshopper in pre-order I am pretty much set I guess. Also, the shipping costs from Arcadeshopper were actually not that bad choosing the cheapest option.

(and funny to see my topic without any replies suddenly getting respinses a year and a half later ;-) )

Edited by xahmol
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, xahmol said:

Thanks! I did not know of this one. Bought my Retrotink from an auction site to avoid the taxes and shipping, and also found a Framemeister xRGB Mini on an auction site, plus the SCART adapter for the TI-99/4a from the Italian user group. So I now connect my TI via SCART to the Framemeister to capture, and simultanously via a scart splitter have the screen on my Sony CRT TV via SCART.

See

and

https://www.idreamtin8bits.com/my-ti-99-4a

But good to know an EU source for new ones as well (alltough most Retrotinks are sold out there now, a Retrotink 5X Pro is still on my want list).

This site does not sell TIPIs though, but indeed does sell Retrotinks.

I bought my TIPI indeed in the end from @arcadeshopper, as the EU one I bought worked but proved to be incompatible with a SAMS from Arcadeshopper (connector was just the other way around male/female).
Now that I also have a F18A from Arcadeshopper in pre-order I am pretty much set I guess. Also, the shipping costs from Arcadeshopper were actually not that bad choosing the cheapest option.

(and funny to see my topic without any replies suddenly getting respinses a year and a half later ;-) )

Another option is the OSSC, that is available on the videogameperfection site in EU (or also on Amazon, I've purchased the Kaiko version) and is working fine with the PAL TI99 with component cable or also the miniSCART from TI99IUC site. It's less expensive than the Retrotink, however it only have scanlines option and not all the other video filters provided by Retrotink.

53 minutes ago, tmop69 said:

Another option is the OSSC, that is available on the videogameperfection site in EU (or also on Amazon, I've purchased the Kaiko version) and is working fine with the PAL TI99 with component cable or also the miniSCART from TI99IUC site. It's less expensive than the Retrotink, however it only have scanlines option and not all the other video filters provided by Retrotink.

Oh, I know the OSSC. But for it’s price it does not add much to what I own already. The Retrotink 5X Pro however packs some features that are interesting.