IGNORED

New to the TI-99/4a

Sinjinhawke

I picked up a TI-99/4a off of FB Marketplace for $15.  It didn't come with a power supply but I gambled that the TI wasn't dead and ordered the PS off of eBay.  It arrived today and I'm pleased to say it works.  My first TI having never messed with Texas before.  Reading through the newbie forum.   Looks like a need to get a voice module, 32k ram upgrade, joystick adapter and a multicart.

I grew up with Intellivision, 8-bit Atari and Turbografx so the TI world is a little alien to me.

Excuse the mess, I've got multiple little jobs on the go with a few Atari's and Intellivision's in various states of repair.

Image.thumb.jpeg.f67258418200fd7cc34f557422c8b343.jpeg

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

I picked up a TI-99/4a off of FB Marketplace for $15.  It didn't come with a power supply but I gambled that the TI wasn't dead and ordered the PS off of eBay.  It arrived today and I'm pleased to say it works.  My first TI having never messed with Texas before.  Reading through the newbie forum.   Looks like a need to get a voice module, 32k ram upgrade, joystick adapter and a multicart.

I grew up with Intellivision, 8-bit Atari and Turbografx so the TI world is a little alien to me.

Excuse the mess, I've got multiple little jobs on the go with a few Atari's and Intellivision's in various states of repair.

Image.thumb.jpeg.f67258418200fd7cc34f557422c8b343.jpeg

Welcome to the club.

Yes, you will need a 32k upgrade, speech only if you want to hear it talk, joystick adapter.  Check out @arcadeshopper site at http:/www.arcadeshopper.com as he carries quite a bit like the 32k upgrade.  I would suggest instead of just a standard multi cart that you get the FinalGrom cartridge.  This will allow you to run 99% of the cartridges out there from a SD card.

also keep a lookout of this thread HERE as a PCB will be in the works soon to hook up to a sidecar 32k i believe and it will emulate the disk drives from a SD card without having to have the Peripheral Expansion Box (PEB). 

• Like 2

I have seen that PEB and while I am impressed by it I do not want it.  Way to huge.  How would I sneak that past my wife? 

The PCB looks cool, I have an Ultimate 1mb I installed in my Atari that supports PBI hard disks on SD card so I appreciate the convenience.  I have already been browsing arcade shopper.  Can't have my TI just sitting here playing TI Invaders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1