IGNORED

Turbocard for a500 8a

ulikh

Hi,

Currently I am looking for a turbo card for my 500 Rev. 8a board.

It should be internally mountable without relocator.

I came to the following selection.

- HC533

- Wicher 508i

I can't find a dealer/source with stock for either.

There is a Wicher 520i looming on the horizon, but there is little information on it.

I'm not really in a super hurry, however I am considering how to proceed.

Waiting, Ebay from private, .... both not preferred.

Does anyone have a recommendation for another card that fits the profile or maybe a source where the cards are available ?

Greetings Uli

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, Daedalus2097 said:

Is there a reason you're against using a relocator?

Hello, yes there is.

I also plan to install the rgb2hdmi solution from c0pperdragon which sits in the Denise socket and with a relocator there is a risk that the turbo card is in the way of the Raspberri.

Where I'm not quite sure if that really leads to a problem, or it is probably even without relocator very tight to plug the HDMI connector on the Raspberri.

Maybe with an angle connector...

Depending on the turbo card is more or less space, some need more space above the cpu socket, the HC533 is very compact in this regard, while the new wicher 520 has a wide protrusion by the battery.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:33 AM, ulikh said:

Hello, yes there is.

I also plan to install the rgb2hdmi solution from c0pperdragon which sits in the Denise socket and with a relocator there is a risk that the turbo card is in the way of the Raspberri.

Where I'm not quite sure if that really leads to a problem, or it is probably even without relocator very tight to plug the HDMI connector on the Raspberri.

Maybe with an angle connector...

Depending on the turbo card is more or less space, some need more space above the cpu socket, the HC533 is very compact in this regard, while the new wicher 520 has a wide protrusion by the battery.

Hmmm, that's fair enough, space will be tight in that scenario... Perhaps a couple of riser sockets under the Denise adaptor would raise the Pi up above the accelerator? Raising the relocator up might not be an option with a large accelerator PCB.