IGNORED

Geneve FORTH

GDMike

27 minutes ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

10 8K pages available has nothing to do with the reading; that's what's available for buffers (BLOCK BUFFERS and small loader buffers, which are explained in the Forth+ Manual).  You also need to read about CALL(....) which allows you to use multiple Libraries in an APP or TASK you create even though there is only one Library zone!  Remember MDOS without a MEMEX card is limited to 640K!

Does Forth+ have issues with the Myarc 512K Memory card? If it doesn't, that would give an additional 504K of MDOS space.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Does Forth+ have issues with the Myarc 512K Memory card? If it doesn't, that would give an additional 504K of MDOS space.

I don't know because I sent mine out for repair years ago, and it was never returned, so now I only have a 128K Foundation card with the MG EPROMS for Myarc functionality, so no RAMDISK or Printer BUFFER.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

I don't know because I sent mine out for repair years ago, and it was never returned, so now I only have a 128K Foundation card with the MG EPROMS for Myarc functionality, so no RAMDISK or Printer BUFFER.

I'll have to finish assembling one of mine and test it then. . .thanks, Bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ksarul said:

I'll have to finish assembling one of mine and test it then. . .thanks, Bill.

I do understand that the Foundation card can be expanded to 512K, but I no longer have the ability to do any soldering, and I can't find anyone that's willing to repair my SNUG EVPC card.  I did replace one 7812 voltage regulator on it that does work, but it looks like a grocery store butcher did the solder job (gagging)!  If you know someone with the skill and willing to help at a reasonable price, please point him/her in my direction.  You're always welcome Jim; anytime that I can help and I'm not busy packing to move to a smaller, less expensive to maintain home, as I still enjoy this hobby even in my limited way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ksarul said:

10 8K pages available has nothing to do with the reading;

Not talking physical reading, I was pointing to the photo and wondering how is the 50 percent tallied up? Is it 50 remaining of the current bank like Turboforth, except I believe TF uses 4K pages instead of 8K.

OR is the 50 percent that I'm seeing indicated that all that is left for me including that10 pages of 8K?

Oh yes, now we're getting somewhere.

I know, I need to do more reading, I did see that about CALL(  - I think that's the one. I saw that, just haven't tried it yet.

Oh, I will though.

Edited by GDMike

15 hours ago, GDMike said:

Not talking physical reading, I was pointing to the photo and wondering how is the 50 percent tallied up? Is it 50 remaining of the current bank like Turboforth, except I believe TF uses 4K pages instead of 8K.

OR is the 50 percent that I'm seeing indicated that all that is left for me including that10 pages of 8K?

Oh yes, now we're getting somewhere.

I know, I need to do more reading, I did see that about CALL(  - I think that's the one. I saw that, just haven't tried it yet.

Oh, I will though.

Mike, you should start reading the Forth+ Manual at page 19 - 28.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GDMike said:

This is the user manual FORTH+ ver 1.1

Forth+_Manual_1.1.pdf 229.08 MB · 5 downloads

WARNING!  This is my marked up Forth+ Manual with the changes I was making or planned to make for the Version 2.00 release which never happened due to no additional registered users expected by the MESS emulation of the 9640 Geneve!  Therefore, I stopped the Version 2.00 development, shut down both Geneve systems, and went back to my TI-99/4A systems, and then after Fest West 98 in Lubbock, Texas I added the SNUG TI-99/4P to my Forth language software development plan.  If need be, I will release Forth+ to Public Domain, as I believe that TI Forth for MDOS on the 9640 Geneve by Mike McCann was already released to Public Domain by a different owner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

WARNING!  This is my marked up Forth+ Manual with the changes I was making or planned to make for the Version 2.00 release which never happened due to no additional registered users expected by the MESS emulation of the 9640 Geneve!  Therefore, I stopped the Version 2.00 development, shut down both Geneve systems, and went back to my TI-99/4A systems, and then after Fest West 98 in Lubbock, Texas I added the SNUG TI-99/4P to my Forth language software development plan.  If need be, I will release Forth+ to Public Domain, as I believe that TI Forth for MDOS on the 9640 Geneve by Mike McCann was already released to Public Domain by a different owner.

Anything to make FORTH a viable option for geneve. I can't wait to get past the docs and get my brains dirty again.

I am so very very glad to see this as an option. Almost everything is here to make a complete system.

Bill how do i? Bill what is? Bill..bill..

Ok. Let's next do a

FORTH+ for dummies that Don't read the manual like MIKE book!

Whohooooo...

Edited by GDMike

37 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Anything to make FORTH a viable option for geneve. I can't wait to get past the docs and get my brains dirty again.

I am so very very glad to see this as an option. Almost everything is here to make a complete system.

Bill how do i? Bill what is? Bill..bill..

Ok. Let's next do a

FORTH+ for dummies that Don't read the manual like MIKE book!

Whohooooo...

Mike, you know that I have to concentrate on getting other than TI hobby stuff packed for this local move, that's only a pain in my "you know what"; totally a waist of time from my perspective.  There are currently ways in Arizona to get solar panels installed for free, that would power the 3 big AC units on our roof.  Probably, cut our summer electric bill to near $0.  From now until this move is completed, you are on your own, so hopefully other forth minded programmers HERE will help you during my absence.  Of course, there is my gray matter problem "here today, gone tomorrow", to deal with anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

There are currently ways in Arizona to get solar panels installed for free, that would power the 3 big AC units on our roof.  Probably, cut our summer electric bill to near $0

Oh wow, yeah you have to become the grid. Get a windmill, solar panels, and grow a potato farm, I hear you can plug into a potato.

But Bill, I wish you luck with all of that. You can always come back to Camden arkansas. I hear the weather is ? nice.

Billl that town, Encinitas in California, is wonderful place I don't think we had an air conditioner in our house there. Maybe that's the best place to be? You just have to put up with the 805 but I had no problems when I was there for a couple years. The VA hospital is right there in San Diego.

43 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Oh wow, yeah you have to become the grid. Get a windmill, solar panels, and grow a potato farm, I hear you can plug into a potato.

But Bill, I wish you luck with all of that. You can always come back to Camden arkansas. I hear the weather is ? nice.

Billl that town, Encinitas in California, is wonderful place I don't think we had an air conditioner in our house there. Maybe that's the best place to be? You just have to put up with the 805 but I had no problems when I was there for a couple years. The VA hospital is right there in San Diego.

I moved from California December 2008, as I could no longer afford to live there, so I'm now even less able to afford it, and I'm sure there is no way in Hell (AKA: Topoc, AZ) that I can get my youngest daughter and youngest granddaughter to move to Arkansas which is far, far away from all their friends and close family members.  And my response to your first paragraph is: Only if you come do the work for me, as I can only do the planing.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bill R Sullivan said:

I moved from California December 2008, as I could no longer afford to live there, so I'm now even less able to afford it, and I'm sure there is no way in Hell (AKA: Topoc, AZ) that I can get my youngest daughter and youngest granddaughter to move to Arkansas which is far, far away from all their friends and close family members.  And my response to your first paragraph is: Only if you come do the work for me, as I can only do the planing.?

Ahh. Yes exactly regarding the kids. My kids are the same way, absolutely. 

I'd love to get in that hot sun again, didn't we do that once before...I believe so. Just make sure it's 115 out when we get ready to put everything on the roof. Lol

I can't climb roofs anymore bill that's over for us. But, we used to go to the plant nursery and grab a couple three people in the parking lot for labor. Hmm

I'll get out there as soon as my car gets rebuilt. It's been under reconstruction for 2 years and it's almost done! I can't believe it. (Oldsmobile trofeo, 1990).

Anyway. Just get the move done first. I hope those kids don't mind moving. Just do it at night when it's hot.

Edited by GDMike

1 minute ago, GDMike said:

Ahh. Yes exactly regarding the kids. My kids are the same way, absolutely. 

I'd love to get in that hot sun again, didn't we do that once before...I believe so. Just make sure it's 115 out when we get ready to put everything on the roof. Lol

I can't climb roofs anymore bill that's over for us. But, we used to go to the plant nursery and grab a couple three people in the parking lot for labor. Hmm

I'll get out there as soon as my car gets rebuilt. It's been under reconstruction for 2 years and it's almost done! I can't believe it. (Oldsmobile trofeo, 1990).

Anyway. Just get the move done first. I hope those kids don't mind moving. Just do it at night in the summer.

I'll make you a deal, that you can't refuse.  I have a 1976 Cougar XR7 that I purchased as a restore project for my oldest grandson and myself as instructor/supervisor that I'll give you when you arrive.  I can tell you that it is in very good condition, body wise, and it does run, but has some vacuum leaks that are easy to locate, and would have been done already by my grandson, but he bailed on me/us (long story).  What do you say?  Are you ready to "Rock & Roll"?

• Haha 1

Ok. Getting back on track with FORTH+.

Sorry for the, TMI lately, your understanding is kind.

I've YET to read the literature I've received about FORTH+, I mean, I've glanced through it and was amazed by the things it does, I'll read more soon.

But one item was pixel plotting . It's  so much easier to draw lines, boxes etc.

setting colors. You have 0-15 and then you have another value from 0-15 for radiant colors of each of the main colors.

Sprites and movement was easy as basic. VWTR, VSBR,VSBW,VMBW, were all available.

Graphics modes, which I need learn more, because, well there's a few available.

Speech was as easy as basic, if you have the speech synth. Installed.

That's from glancing thru the manual.

• Like 2

It is definitely what they call a "fat" Forth. There is lots of functionality.

It's interesting historically too. The Forth community was still arguing about how to standardize the language at this time.

Fig Forth had a devoted following having become it's own standard. Forth79 was there and Forth83 was being bashed by lots of people.

The dust settled a little after Forth94 but it's still an on going "discussion" with Forth 2012. :)

ANS Forth is ok but does not always address the needs of small machines.

At least it gave some standard names for a lot of the words that had many aliases back in those days.

Cat Herding  and Forth Standards committees should be defined in the same place in the dictionary. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3