IGNORED

Where can I get documentation for creating an Atari Jaguar?

Oh boy.

The only thing Hasbro ever released is a pretty vague press release claiming the Jaguar was an "open system". They didn't release any technical info, much less "documentation on cloning the console". All the info that's publicly known came from other sources.

And even with the current prices, cloning it would require massive efforts and cost a lot more than what the original sells for. This is not an Atari 2600 we're talking about.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 3

All Hasbro released was the rights to release software for the platform.  They declared it an "open system" regarding software.  But they couldn't even provide Scatologic (formerly 4-Play, and the reason the system was made open) with the encryption key.  Hence the need for those guys networking 8 Jaguars and brute forcing it.  That was super cool to witness!

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, No One You Know said:

Didn't someone get an FPGA implementation of a Jag running? I'm sure I saw it on youtube running Cybermorph though I don't know if it was legitimate or not or anything about it really.

Found this: https://github.com/ElectronAsh/Jaguar_MiSTer_master

It barely runs JagStudio examples.  Last commit was 17 months ago.   So, effectively abandoned.

2 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Found this: https://github.com/ElectronAsh/Jaguar_MiSTer_master

It barely runs JagStudio examples.  Last commit was 17 months ago.   So, effectively abandoned.

So it's only a partially completed thing anyway? Alright. Its a decent start though if it can run some things so maybe one day.