IGNORED

MusicMate cart holders can work for Jag and 5200 carts (sort of)

You have likely seen this things at one point: Music Mate modular game holders. They are great for storing/displaying Atari 7800, 2600, Colecovision, etc size carts. They are OK for Atari 8 bit carts (little loose IMO, and hard to find carts with no end labels).

Well I wanted to store my Jaguar games with my other Atari games, and open up the shelf where they were for other things. So I popped one of the faux-wood plastic fronts off the Music Mate (pretty easy to do after 40 years), and Jag carts fit PERFECTLY. Only caveat is it can be hard to see the game if you don't have labels on your Jag games. So...go get dem labels.

It will also fit Atari 5200 carts, but there is a bigger caveat. They need to be SIDEWAYS (Which oddly makes them easily identifiable IMO) and most notably, the larger CBS style carts are too big.  But all my Atari TM 5200 games fit, as did all other 3rd party carts I have. Figured I would throw this out here as I can't be the only one who collects too much and needs a nice way to store/display it all. I don't actually keep my 5200 games in my Music Mate wall, but you could.

6OXFCRo.jpg

cQNIYxR.jpg

12 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Those are 8 track holders, right? Is the woodgrain removal permanently destructive? Those might be collector’s items too!

Well, some pop off and are ok to pop right back on, some, they lose a tab here and there and are never as tight again. I doubt they are collectable but they have gotten more expensive over the years!