IGNORED

Ripoff everdrives

bluejay

• 2 months later...

So, the ones I've bought arrived a couple months ago; I bought a ripoff SD2SNES that claims compatibility with all sorts of enhancement chips (super fx, dsp, sa1 and whatnot). It wasn't cheap at $106 but it's still a lot cheaper than an FXPAK PRO. I also bought a slightly more expensive fake GB Everdrive that had 64mbit capacity. So far I've only tested the Gameboy one, and I can't seem to find any flaws. Played everything perfectly. But then again, I don't have a genuine one to compare it with.

• Like 3

I just got one for the GameBoy (model EDGB) and it seems to work just fine, though I haven't had time to test it much...Usually I buy Krikzz stuff...Until now everything except my ED for the N64 was authentic. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274806975119?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=575045359299&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

FWIW,   I have no idea how these things are made...So there may be nothing proprietary being used here...It may be just a similar product doing the same thing, but again, I don't know enough about it.

Fair enough. My stance is that people are free buy whatever they think is best. If ripoff Everdrives are cheaper and perform just as good as genuine ones, I have no problem with buying them. However, I understand how it might seem "wrong" to people.

The reason why I don't feel bad about buying a ripoff Everdrive is because I wouldn't have bought a genuine one anyways. I don't live near any of major distributors of Everdrives, and wherever I buy them it ends up being too expensive because of shipping. And really, fake Everdrives really aren't driving Krikzz out of business.

Nobody complained about IBM PC clones.

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, bluejay said:

Fair enough. My stance is that people are free buy whatever they think is best. If ripoff Everdrives are cheaper and perform just as good as genuine ones, I have no problem with buying them. However, I understand how it might seem "wrong" to people.

The reason why I don't feel bad about buying a ripoff Everdrive is because I wouldn't have bought a genuine one anyways. I don't live near any of major distributors of Everdrives, and wherever I buy them it ends up being too expensive because of shipping. And really, fake Everdrives really aren't driving Krikzz out of business.

Nobody complained about IBM PC clones.

That's kind of been my attitude when I got the ones I had, but it was some years ago where the choices just started to be SAG (and before) which left using the original source and often as known credit cards tended to decline from there for whatever dodgy reason.  My choice was patience, watching, and buying second hand which made them as cheap as buying a bootleg up until maybe within the last year as the boots are like cheap cheap.  The amusing(or not) thing is a lot of them now aren't even sold as bootleg everdrives, but they come in these fairly pretty new shells with a cool sticker on them stating you're buying a MULTICART but it's just the everdrive with it preloaded with X games the label dictates and at a very affordable price.  For the lazy, the lacking parts or knowhow, it's definitely a great one stop shop way to get into that stuff.  I've seen like the N64 kits go for like I think $50, same with the SNES/NES just being a big cheaper, GB/C too and loaded with a SD card within with all sorts of goodies preconfigured.  As I see it, krikzz made his money, and the ripped off stuff is the previous generation goodies anyway that are functional but outdated, so it's not much harm because odds are that person wouldn't have bought the new one anyway due to some barrier.

• Like 3