5200 Klax availability?

Allan

I checked the last hour CGE was open and they still had at least a dozen,

maybe because the 5200 is not that popular? Send them an email, see

if they'll work out something with you.

BTW, I picked up both 5200 and 7800 versions of Klax. Talk about

redundancy. Now my 7800 and 5200 collections are complete except

for a 7800 ntsc conversion cart of Sentinel

It's available as of right now on the site there.  $45 + shipping.  Not sure how many are left, but there is one less now!  :D  :D  8)

Thanks MrRetroGamer,

I got up early (7am EST) and ordered one. So make that 2 less. :)

Allan

I did not however see any sign of the Combat 2 Advanced. Were they all sold? Or did that even get done, with all the static from the artwork, not sure if they even followed thru with it.  :|  

According to an email I received from Atari2600.com this morning, they wrote back to me:

CGE2K3 went very well and we can report that our second title 'Combat II: Advanced' for the Atari 5200 has sold out.

Cool! I was wondering, I haven't seen too much info about how everything went this year. I read Lee's post in another thread, but there may not be much interest seeing as it's not a new release. But I just want to be able to have a boxed version for my collection. I had decided I would just buy the game again, and use my original as trade bait.

Seeing as it sold out thou, maybe there's interest in a second run of boxes, for previous owners, or another full run of carts? One can only hope!

Unsold copies of Atari 5200 KLAX have been posted as an advertised special within our online store. They are available while supplies last. Total production 100 copies. All KLAX orders are shipped the following day via US Priority Mail.

Atari 5200 Combat II Advanced new in box sold out at the CGE show. Our plans to produce additional copies or box and manual sets are on hold for the time being.

Thanks for all the support.

JC

Atari2600.com

Link to Atari2600.com online store

https://www.atari2600.com/cgi-bin/cp/cp-app...e&sub_pg=splash

Wow the silver on this box is really awesome! Looks very good. Why the 1990 copyright thou? Trying to make it feel more original, I would think 2003 would be more appropriate still. And if it is going to have an old date, and part number, it could have had a part number on the label as well I guess. That date just seems odd. :P

Good job thou! :thumbsup:

Now to just find time to play it!

Very professional job on the cart, box, instructions and program itself. Voice clips are very cool! 8) Not sure what exactly I did, but during one wave I made a KLAX that turned out to be a bonus and it warped me out of that level! :o

It was a little frustrating playing with the 5200 joystick, since sometimes, when things got going a bit, it was hard to place the KLAX paddle in the proper position to catch the tile you wanted. I'm going to try it out with the WICO and Comp Pro and see if either of those performs a little better.