IGNORED

Movie Cart

rbairos

On 6/24/2024 at 6:27 AM, dg67 said:

Hi,

I've got your Moviecart today, thanks a lot.

I downloaded the Touchdesigner software for Windows, but it doesn't work since it requires vulkan DLL files not available for my Intel HD Graphics (i've a Core I5-6200 Old CPU, new drivers are not available).

Is there some other way to convert an MP4 to MVC format? Offline or Online? for Windows 7 or Windows 10/11.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi that's tricky. 

I did originally start with a CPU version and it's still included but saved out on the latest 2023 versions. 

I wonder if you can download some Vulkan emulators?  I'm mostly away this week but I think that's possible. 

16 minutes ago, rbairos said:

Hi that's tricky. 

I did originally start with a CPU version and it's still included but saved out on the latest 2023 versions. 

I wonder if you can download some Vulkan emulators?  I'm mostly away this week but I think that's possible. 

do you have a link for a vulkan emulator? hard to find it for me. 

1 hour ago, rbairos said:

It's just the same encoder.toe you run on TouchDesigner. On the derivative.ca website you can download and install TouchDesigner for either Windows or Mac. 

Cheers

My mistake. I didn't download the Touchdesigner on my Mac when I tried it. Now everything is running on the Mac, but I hope it works. I just finished my encoding of The Last Starfighter, but it's not saving. I can preview the file, but it won't save on the Windows machine. I am not sure what is happening.

*Edit - I figured it out. I didn't press the final render button. I am doing that now on both machines. 

Edited by killersquirel
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Has anyone tried using Davinci Resolve to output/export/publish the MKV file? I noticed it supports that format and is free software. Planning to try it myself, but won't be able to until August.

Different video format. The file extension for moviecart is .mvc not .mkv

MKV is Matroska video which is a container type often used for MP4

Movie Cart landed in Switzerland, thanks!

I printed the case with white filament and I found blinking red led is very distracting. Would it be possible to tunr it off while playing the movie?

Perhaps to avoid the problem I should use black filament instead.

MovieCart.thumb.png.eca639263a60910caf350cfde6eb7158.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bomberman94 said:

Is there a source of videos already made for this? I‘m looking for PAL format - thanks!

I'll answer as no one was forthcoming with any kind of response when I asked.

No, unfortunately not. No one is sharing, not even public domain stuff. 

We have to do it ourselves. I guess that's part of the fun. 🤷🏻🤣 I bought a usb dvd drive and started doing my own. I also grabbed some music videos from YouTube too. 

• Thanks 2

Hi guys.  I am sorry I couldn't get through 35-pages-long thread.

I bought the Moviecart, I tested it - works well.

Now I want more.  I want more movies (not necessarily, full-feature ones).

As the conversion process is very long (and it's a one-time duty too), is there any repository on the web when one could download any form of animation, prepared to be ready to be played on Moviecart?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DiskDoctor said:

Hi guys.  I am sorry I couldn't get through 35-pages-long thread.

I bought the Moviecart, I tested it - works well.

Now I want more.  I want more movies (not necessarily, full-feature ones).

As the conversion process is very long (and it's a one-time duty too), is there any repository on the web when one could download any form of animation, prepared to be ready to be played on Moviecart?

Thanks!

Just read one post above yours, 35 pages... not necessary. :P

Edited by JetmanUK

9 hours ago, Philsan said:

I printed the case with white filament and I found blinking red led is very distracting. Would it be possible to tunr it off while playing the movie?

Lovely. I need to get my printer up and running again. Which STL did you use for this?

Also, on the light issue, someone created a running man cutout for the PiRTO II... maybe you could do the same with an Atari Fuji? It wouldn't cut down on the distraction, but it would look cool. :)

IMG_9416.jpeg.9defc7b500baad5e325fa3552c1daf69.thumb.jpeg.c7b24f5297dd76091ec8ba4f9478163d.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Philsan said:

The light faces away from you when inserted into the console? I don't even see it when I was using it without a case shell so do you have a mirror or is up against a white wall or something? But yes, using black or a more opaque material would mask that more. 

19 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

The light faces away from you when inserted into the console? I don't even see it when I was using it without a case shell so do you have a mirror or is up against a white wall or something? But yes, using black or a more opaque material would mask that more. 

3 minutes ago, Philsan said:

I don't see any videos here just a navigation bar to start something. Limitation of Chrome?

Okay I can see the videos if I use the browser on my phone. The light is reflecting inside that shell and so yes I can see how you are able to see that since it ins't a total opaque plastic. I don't see it as I'm using an old PacMan cartridge to house mine.

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I don't see any videos here just a navigation bar to start something. Limitation of Chrome?

Perhaps AtariAge forum limitation.

Could you please try to download videos?

1 minute ago, Philsan said:

Perhaps AtariAge forum limitation.

Could you please try to download videos?

Limitation of the browser on my computer it seems. When using the browser on my phone I can see the videos so I edited my past above. I can see how that would be distracting for you. How about trying to apply some finger nail polish on the LED to try and block it that way or at least minimize how much light it puts out?

• Like 1

Yes, Chrome on my PC doesn't show videos, Chrome on Android shows them...

Thanks, it could be an idea, if my wife agrees 😂

Otherwise I will print another cart with black filament.

On 7/1/2024 at 10:36 PM, JetmanUK said:

Just read one post above yours, 35 pages... not necessary. :P

Thanks.  That’s very sad piece of news.

Yet another topic - is there anywhere available, the box dedicated for Moviecart?

I mean box with the hole drilled for microSD. I also mean ‘available’, not the DIY.

hey folks!  wish I'd seen the model posted by @monzamess before I started but I too have made a Moviecart 3D printable housing 🙃

Atari 2600 Moviecart Cartridge Housing by t1lt - Thingiverse

Turned out pretty clean, snaps together really nice and you don't need to cut the labels to pull it open (a must for me lol)

Anyway hopes it helps to save an original 2600 Pac-Man cart or two from being scrapped lol

moviecart.jpeg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, t1lt said:

hey folks!  wish I'd seen the model posted by @monzamess before I started but I too have made a Moviecart 3D printable housing 🙃

Atari 2600 Moviecart Cartridge Housing by t1lt - Thingiverse

Turned out pretty clean, snaps together really nice and you don't need to cut the labels to pull it open (a must for me lol)

Anyway hopes it helps to save an original 2600 Pac-Man cart or two from being scrapped lol

moviecart.jpeg

That's a more elegant solution than mine. Thanks for sharing!

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 9:34 PM, Supergun said:

So, like, for those of us who don’t own a 3-D printer and aren’t familiar with all that kind of stuff, is there a way of just buying one of these cases?

not that I know of yet, but am looking around.

Some places offer 3d printing of their inventory, like thingiverse.com