IGNORED

How did you get your Masterplay Interface?

RangerG

I have wanted a Masterplay Interface for quite awhile (I was looking for one even before I got my Atari 5200). Have you seen how much they go for on Ebay? Boxed ones are breaking $150. That is just too much for me to spend. I guess the best option is to look for one without the box and button and then make the button myself (or with help from AtariAge friends). Has anyone found A Masterplay Interface in the wild? Did they cost less before or have they always been such a hot and expensive 5200 item? Please tell how you found/bought your Masterplay and make me jealous! In the past two months I found a Kid Vid, 5200 Wico stick, and a nice 5200 Death Star Battle with manual in the wild so nothing is impossible . Take care.

[ 06-10-2002: Message edited by: RangerG ]

I won an auction last year for a boxed 5200 4 port with 4 controllers, a bunch of games, a boxed trak ball, and it also had a WICO and a Comp Pro. Then with about 1 day left the guy added to the description that he was also throwing in a boxed Masterplay (with instructions). I asked the seller if it also included the extra fire button, but he said it was not included.

I ended up winning all that for a pretty good price, and then after it arrived I went through everything about a week or so later. I opened up the trak ball box and saw an extra thin wire in there that didn't belong. After sorting it all out, low and behold, it was the Masterplay's extra fire button! That was cool!

So after all was said and done, I eventually sold off the entire lot piece by piece, made my money back, so it was like getting the masterplay for free!

I traded a loose 2600 Lochjaw to John Hardee of DP for my boxed Masterplay (instructions and extra button included, in fact it even have the double sided tape strips they gave you) and a bunch of Intellivision CRAP.

I know he got the better deal, however the masterplay is worth A LOT to me. Lochjaw was really just worth cash to me. Cash would not have gauranteed me a masterplay. :-)

Last week I modified a Coleco Gemini Dual Command Joystick/paddle with a second button to use with my masterplay. WHAT A PAIN. It came out nice though and I can keep the original button stored safely away :-)

Charlie

I got mine for free, this year. (!)

I met & was talking with a certain Atari fan who was going to send me a complimentary copy of Gremlins ... as it turned out, he couldn't find it , but did send me Meteorites and .. a Masterplay Interface. I was completely overjoyed!

i found a shrinkwrapped one at a flea market probably seven years ago...on a shelf with some boxed commodore or other computer games. i traded it for something, can't remember now. i bought a second complete boxed one along with boxed meteorites for about $100 from a videogame website in germany. sold the masterplay on ebay for over $100, so meteorites was basically free.