IGNORED

Ready-to-Go Fujinet Cart

gilsaluki

@gilsaluki I made this up

To be honest I watched countless videos and just didn't get it until I used it.  Now I'm working my way through getting it working with the Side3.  It has some learning curves but is a nice swiss army knife if you have multiple A8's and need/want to move stuff between them.

Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinadan67 said:

As my v1.3 from the Brewing Academy has no problems flashing the firmware, it seems that they applied the fix. I see for me no reason to upgrade to newer revisions.

One thing to keep in mind: TBA is selling two versions, 1.3F (Fixed) and 1.3NF (Not Fixed).  Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend the Fixed version - although the issues that the NF version had should not have applied to my situation (macOS Big Sur), I flat out could not get it to flash firmware.

Note that while TBA has processed a return of my 1.3NF and I do have a 1.3F en route, as it won't be here until Monday I can't give a direct comparison between the two.  However, based on others' similar experience, I expect it to not have the issues the 1.3NF had.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend the Fixed version

I can only recommend the fixed version. You'll never know if you have problems until you try flashing and I've had to replace enough FujiNet's to know that it's a problem. I would prefer the no-fix version not be sold at all to prevent unhappy users. The fix should not be very difficult for someone who can assemble smd boards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Note that while TBA has processed a return of my 1.3NF and I do have a 1.3F en route, as it won't be here until Monday I can't give a direct comparison between the two.  However, based on others' similar experience, I expect it to not have the issues the 1.3NF had.

Just to close this one out: the 1.3F got here today and works fine.  The first thing I did with it was to update the firmware, which went as smoothly as on my 1.0.  Everything else has been functionally-equivalent for the last 4 hours or so, so I'm calling it good.

• Like 1