IGNORED

RAIDEN - Help Color Swapping P1 & P2

KevinMos3

It occurred to me yesterday, that it would be nice to swap the color palettes of Player 1 and Player 2 in Raiden (so that Player 1 is RED and Player 2 is BLUE).  I've done color edits on other consoles that are far more simple, (Atari 2600, 7800, Colecovision), but I've never messed with color palettes for the Lynx.  I don't imagine a simple swap between the 2 players colors would be too difficult, but I have no idea where to start.  I'm not too terrible with a hex editor.  Would anyone mind helping me to understand where to look or how to go about it?  Would this also require re-signing the cart?

16 minutes ago, KevinMos3 said:

It occurred to me yesterday, that it would be nice to swap the color palettes of Player 1 and Player 2 in Raiden (so that Player 1 is RED and Player 2 is BLUE).  I've done color edits on other consoles that are far more simple, (Atari 2600, 7800, Colecovision), but I've never messed with color palettes for the Lynx.  I don't imagine a simple swap between the 2 players colors would be too difficult, but I have no idea where to start.  I'm not too terrible with a hex editor.  Would anyone mind helping me to understand where to look or how to go about it?

depends. you dont want to change the colortable, as this would affect the other sprites, too.

so it depends if they have different sprite sets for P1,P" or just change the indices within the sprite, in that case you look for some code change.

Would this also require re-signing the cart?

or removing the checksum check.