IGNORED

what is wrong with the sega genesis

gamerz

Good job, Hex! ;) :D

Though, I do like the power brick in the middle of the GCN cord. At least better than the stupid ones you find at the ends of many other cords. THAT was the worst idea anyone ever had. N64 had it at the other end which was still an improvement. Anything but the wall hanging Brick which makes it impossible to plug multiple systems in cleanly. So many plugs wasted. Sad.

Oh, and fortunately for me, my SNES is still grey.

Problem with all systems: raging psychotic fanboys.

= = =

Well.. that goes without saying :D I was reaching near the end. Honestly, I like Sega products generally. I have blundered across a few more dead Saturns than I'd like. (one has bad System memory and appears dead. the other one seems to have a bad CD controller. If I had the soldering skills and knew which chip was the flash ram, I'd just pull the good one off the bad CD drive unit.

I admit I'm not real familiar with the early PS systems, but that is good to know -- thanks.

Hex.

[ Last seen gluing heat sinks on his Jaguar... ]

I have blundered across a few more dead Saturns than I'd like. (one has bad System memory and appears dead. the other one seems to have a bad CD controller. If I had the soldering skills and knew which chip was the flash ram, I'd just pull the good one off the bad CD drive unit.

Well, compared to the PS, they're doing rather well given how long it's been since they were available in the US..

I admit I'm not real familiar with the early PS systems, but that is good to know -- thanks.

The first 2 or 3 models had VERY SEVERE overheating problems. As in, leaving them plugged in while they were turned off could damage them.

All of them have had problems with the laser track being cheap plastic. It wears out really easily, resulting in decks that only work upside down or on their side, or similar.

Mine has a CD door that doesn't latch. The open button doesn't pop back up all the way anymore,a nd it usually doesn't get high enough to latch unless I wiggle it around a bit..

It's often easier to set a book on it.

Hex.

[ Last seen gluing heat sinks on his Jaguar... ]

Protect that cat!