IGNORED

Any mod suggestions for AtGames Legends Gamer Pro?

Razzie.P

I picked up a Legends Gamer Pro a while back, and well… I’ve been pretty disappointed with it.  The lag makes pretty much everything unplayable to me.

But, if I ignore the joysticks/control deck, and connect other controllers instead (like XBox 360 or Switch Pro controller) the thing feels  and plays amazing!   

I’ve seen a few people online mention that they’ve modded their stick to get rid of the lag, but haven’t found any details for what type of mods.  Everything I’m finding about “modding” is talking about adding more games, which is a different thing entirely. 

Anyone on here done any work to the joystick side of this thing to make it more playable, cutting down on the lag?  If so, care to share some details, please?  I’m wondering if it’s as simple as popping in some higher quality buttons, or if something a bit more technical is involved.

I dont think its the stick itself which introduces lag but the wireless connection.  Lag on the Pinball games made them unplayable but once I directly connected the LGP to the Puck via USB it works alot better.  If you want to replace the stick with one of the higher quality arcade sticks online it shouldnt be too much effort.  The LGP uses for the most part off the shelf parts for sticks/buttons so it should be plug and play.  Just remove the back cover, detach the wires from the existing stick(note where they came from), unscrew existing stick, reverse with new stick and it should work.

I put in a bunch of colored LED buttons on my LGP which was pretty easy.

On 5/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, Draxxon said:

I just have the Legends Core with a wireless PS5 pad. its 'aight.

That’s similar to what I’m doing.  Can’t stand the joysticks/control deck, so I’m just using the puck and Xbox One controllers (wireless) or Hori Xbox 360 fightsticks (wired)

On 5/4/2021 at 8:00 AM, Goochman said:

I dont think its the stick itself which introduces lag but the wireless connection.  Lag on the Pinball games made them unplayable but once I directly connected the LGP to the Puck via USB it works alot better.  If you want to replace the stick with one of the higher quality arcade sticks online it shouldnt be too much effort.  The LGP uses for the most part off the shelf parts for sticks/buttons so it should be plug and play.  Just remove the back cover, detach the wires from the existing stick(note where they came from), unscrew existing stick, reverse with new stick and it should work.

I put in a bunch of colored LED buttons on my LGP which was pretty easy.

It does work better plugged in, for sure.  Kinda breaks my heart a bit, though, that virtually any controller I’ve tried with it seems to be so much better than the one that actually came with it.

You’re probably right, though, and the “problem” is caused by something more than the actual stick and buttons.  I think I’ll change them out anyway for craps n’ giggles just to see.

I knew that stick wasnt High Quality the moment i saw it. But, no one wanted to hear that at the time. It looks cheap and everything looks crammed on there with no place to rest your hands. And just the fact that its wireless, its gonna have lag. For those reasons is why I went with the core unit. They say they will fix it all with updates, but there is no way to fix those issues with updates.

Have you at least loaded coinopsX or added any games to it? If I was you I would sell the stick and keep the puck.

Edited by Draxxon

Yeah, I've loaded coinopsX and it works pretty great when using pretty much any controller other than the stick it came with ?

I think yer right that "software updates" can't fix it.  That's why I was kind of curious if anyone here has improved it via mods.  I see people claiming they've modded and fixed it, but can't seem to track down any details for what was "fixed"