IGNORED

Jaguar Label

JagMod

I always thought it was the typical brand name label that some companies take pics of their consoles with. (I've seen Nintendo do the same thing) I don't have any idea if they're even real let alone available- or in a few lucky collectors' hands.

I wish there was a resource to find out for sure.

8)

Oh, I'm sure it's just a fake marketing cartridge, created specifically for the photo. It's the same as the Jag CD pic that has that CD in it. Y'know, the one with the Cat's Eyes logo on it.

I see that B&C sells the CD, BTW...

JAGCAT CD ROM WITH CATS EYES. MADE BUY ATARI FOR $14.95

MARKETING?? NO SOUND NO GAME JUST EYES.

I'm sure SOMEONE owns that cartridge... or it's still in a basement/warehouse somewhere. You could always ask Bruce at B&C. Ya never know what he might have in a box somewhere...

I agree that it's probably a one-off, fake marketing cartridge, and probably has been long destroyed. It was probably created explicitly for this shot. Either there were no production labels that they could use, or they didn't want to highlight any one game, so they used a "generic" cartridge. I'd be surprised if there's even a circuit board in the cart. :)

..Al

I have one of the CD's. Its weird... there is... something, on it. Its not audio, its not pc readable data, but looking at the surface you can see the shift in reflectivity where there is clearly data, and its a mastered disk, not a cdr.

The weird thing is, several machines I've tried putting it into have behaved a little weirdly. The JagCD just shows the ? after a while and stops spinning it, my pc does the usual thing when reading a damaged cd (ie falls to its knees and crawls along like a snail on tranquilisers), but a friends cd walkman I put it into was hilarious, it kept spinning the disk, faster and faster hehe. Its probably just a quirk of that make of walkman, but it was funny to watch it going at such stupidly high speeds. I think something similar happened in another audio cd player, but I cant remember to be honest.