IGNORED

So many jaguars

vanman

its always good to have a spare Jag. since they get harder to get nowadays and im sure soon enough they'll be goin for more money cuz they'll be harder to get - plus some people want to network some jag games Aircars, BS, doom... - i have a brand new in box Jag in the closet in case my Jag from 1993 burns out ;)

having a back-up of any classic or modern console is a good idea if you intend to keep using them for some years, they aren't getting any more plentiful! But as far as Jags go, it is mainly a networking thing for most people, you need two for Doom networks and two or more for Aircars and Battlesphere. But they are a lot more expensive than they were just a few years ago; I bought my second Jag for $20, but you won't find one for that cheap anymore and they may just get even more expensive, so you better buy a couple if you ever want a backup just in case and if you ever plan on networking any games...

I'm going to buy a 2nd Jag just so I can keep the Jag CD in one for playing CD games and have the other for cart games.

I may be waaaaaay off base but I thought maybe both the Jaguar and Jaguar CD might last a little longer if I wasn't: (A) inserting/removing the CD unit from the Jag frequently; or (B) inserting/removing carts from the CD cartridge port so much. Might preserve the ports & contacts a little longer this way.

Jaguars themselves aren't too hard to find right now and aren't that expensive; CD units are another animal all together, though.

Mendon

You say you want a spare jag. Do they burn out often?

Notheydon't burn out often at all from my experience, i still have my original from '95 and it still works perfectly, but you never know when something might happen like a power surge or lightning strike, and it's not like the spare has to collect dust, you can use it to network games as we've said...I have backups or will get backups for ALL mys systems just in case something does happen; and if both go bad, there's always a chance to make one working one out of two or more broken ones. The Saturn is much more likely to go before a Jag is, since it has the cd-rom which I doubt will last as long as a solid-state cart based system.

I lost count. I buy them for testing network code and need a lot of them for ScatBox testing. I needed PAL versions for compatibility testing, and various models for developer stubbing and that sort of thing. I've never had one "Burn Out". Including the one that has thousands of hours on it developing BattleSphere.

Why do people buy so many jaguars? I mean isnt one enough or do they keep breaking down? I might buy one (I am the author of the thread Jaguar or Saturn?) and was wondering why you people have so many Jaguars.

lots of jaguars? WHAT! i only got 3 jaguars!

Notheydon't burn out often at all from my experience, i still have my original from '95 and it still works perfectly, but you never know when something might happen like a power surge or lightning strike, and it's not like the spare has to collect dust, you can use it to network games as we've said...I have backups or will get backups for ALL mys systems just in case something does happen; and if both go bad, there's always a chance to make one working one out of two or more broken ones. The Saturn is much more likely to go before a Jag is, since it has the cd-rom which I doubt will last as long as a solid-state cart based system.

the cdrom is actually pretty good. i have the saturn since 1996. and have never got a problem with it. it all depends on the user i think. how he uses the cd's/cartridges.

the cdrom is actually pretty good. i have the saturn since 1996. and have never got a problem with it. it all depends on the user i think. how he uses the cd's/cartridges.

I'm on my third Saturn since I bought my first in '98 (first two new) and NOBODY, but NOBODY takes better care of their systems than myself. But they can be had for the average price of $30 (used) around where I live, so it's no biggy for me to buy another if they keep dying. I still have the others to use as spares for parts, but so far the same thing keeps going out on me: the laser. Oh, by the way, I've had my Jagcd since '96 and it gets used on a daily basis for games and/or music cd's (for VLM) and it still works perfectly. I have heard of others having problems though.

I have multiple Jags strategically placed in locations that I frequent for times when I know there'll be a lag in interesting things to do. Work was always a favorite place to hide a Jag until that little "Holy S*IT!- I got 400,000!" incident involving T2K. ;)

I've only had a problem with one Jag base unit and since I'd bought it used, I wrote it off as abuse from the prior owner. Kept "resetting" without any apparent (to me) reason.

I snagged a few spares just in case. Nothing wrong with having backups, plus they're so damn purty. :lust:

I'm on my third Saturn since I bought my first in '98 (first two new) and NOBODY, but NOBODY takes better care of their systems than myself. But they can be had for the average price of $30 (used) around where I live, so it's no biggy for me to buy another if they keep dying. I still have the others to use as spares for parts, but so far the same thing keeps going out on me: the laser. Oh, by the way, I've had my Jagcd since '96 and it gets used on a daily basis for games and/or music cd's (for VLM) and it still works perfectly. I have heard of others having problems though.

well...duh! no wonder youres broke. its second hand :P . mine is brand new. you never know what the owner did to it. and i think i take better care for my sega saturn ;) . since the saturn is more as my second life. i let nobody play the sega saturn. only the ones that are very carefull. which is almost nobody. :)

well...duh! no wonder youres broke. its second hand :P . mine is brand new. you never know what the owner did to it. and i think i take better care for my sega saturn ;) . since the saturn is more as my second life. i let nobody play the sega saturn. only the ones that are very carefull. which is almost nobody. :)

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I stated above that I'm ON my THIRD which is used and still working. The FIRST TWO were NEW and they are the ones that BROKE DOWN!!!

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension. I stated above that I'm ON my THIRD which is used and still working. The FIRST TWO were NEW and they are the ones that BROKE DOWN!!!

SHUT YOURE GODDAMN FACE MOTHERFUCKER!!! THERE IS NO NEED TO YELL FOR NO REAASON! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP! HUH! YOU LIKE YTO YELL!> HERE IS SOME YELLING BACK! WHY DONT YOU FUCK YOURE JAGUAR AS YOU ALWAYS TOLD ME YOU DID! FOR YOURE GODAMN SAKE I HOPE YOU WILL GET A ACCIDENT SOON OR GET RUN DOWN BY A CAR OR EVEN BETTER A TRUCK!!!!

but next to all this. nothing personal.

I wasn't "yelling" and I thought it was pretty civil, just pointing out an error on you're part. but GEEZE, that was certainly uncalled for! Talking to yourself in a mirror? Guess I have three people on my ignore list now, what an immature brat! Respond if you like, but I won't see it.