IGNORED

Atari 8 Bit games that really pushed the hardware?

Good old Star Raiders deserves to be on that Time list, I've seen it voted the same in many magazines. If any game sold a computer or console then Star Raiders ranks as being one of those games. Never played Henry's House much on either machine, it looked the part but I found it very difficult back when my reflexes were super sharp. I wonder how hard Rescue on Fractulas works the Atari, I seem to remember that the engine isn't actually 3D but draws cells and places them on top of eachother (or something like that). Whatever the story, fantastic game...

• Like 1

Would Altirra's profiler show how hard its working?

Never used it myself..

Just saw a Performance Analyzer and looked at that, er complex (for an old thicko)

Must read how to read the results..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Just my own 2 cents worth,  but back in the day I was *completely* blown away when Alternate Reality the City came out,  and I am still impressed to this day.   As for newer entries,  I only came across AtariBlast last year,  but I find it to be simply amazing.... More like a Genesis game than anything that came before on Atari 8bit.... And even more impressive is that it runs on a 16k Atari 400.  How?! 

• Like 2