IGNORED

Pac-Man Arcade -- 16K .CAR Version

glurk

Here's something new.  I have taken the XEX version by @ tep392 from here:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/196992-8bit-pac-man-arcade-final-version-accepting-orders/

And converted it to a 16K cart image.  I did this mostly for myself, because I like the idea/possibility of putting this inside a "regular" Atari CXL4022 Pac-Man cartridge.  Also, it was a good project for me to learn to use Altirra's debugger.  He has OK'd me to post it, so here it is.  Should work on all Atari 8-bits, and use 32K.  Actually, I think it works in only 24K, but didn't test that too much.  I can't guarantee it's totally bug-free, but I think it is.

PacManArcade16K.car 

Edited by glurk
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Just loaded this up on my Ultimate Cart.  The intro sound/tune is not the same as on the actual cart that I have.  It has a deeper, buzzier type tone.  I like the sound on my actual cart better.  All the other sound effect appear to be the same as my cart version. Other than that, and the fact that it doesn't save your high score, it plays the same. 

Well, I converted tep392's free XEX version.  With his permission before I posted it.  I think he is still selling his full cartridge version, and I didn't use that at all.  And as far as my ears can tell, this is the same as the XEX.  So I guess that "it is what it is" now.

I don't want to release anything I shouldn't  ?