IGNORED

PacMania & JagTris

Mendon

Okay, I'm really happy with the Painter and American Hero games I picked up at CGE. And I like the Asteroids and Slam Racer's demo's on the BSG demo disk.

I've heard that there were a few other games available if you had a modified Jag... PacMania and JagTris (I believe those were the names) were two of them. Are there others?

But my main question is: since I have BSG and Protector SE, is it possible to burn PacMania and JagTris onto a CD-R and play them on my Jag using either BSG or Protector SE as a bypass? If not, what would it take for me to be able to play them?

I would really like to get and play some of the other games that people did for the Jag since I'm very satisfied with Painter, Asteroids, and Slam Racers; I would be more than willing to donate (sort of a Shareware thing) if the authors wanted.

Thanks in advance for any comments/help!

Mendon

If you have BS/BSG, you can load them up with JUGS and play them with no modifications (as long as you have a jaglink or maybe scatbox) they are both cool games. They COULD be put on disk I think, like the other games on the BSG demo disk...but you have to know how.

If you have BS/BSG, you can load them up with JUGS and play them with no modifications (as long as you have a jaglink or maybe scatbox) they are both cool games. They COULD be put on disk I think, like the other games on the BSG demo disk...but you have to know how.

It's pretty easy to do. The menu program on the ScatoLOGIC Demo CD was created using a core program and a menu builder batch file that was pretty much automatic. You dump your executables in a folder, run the manu builder and it would build the menu (actually, it just copied fixed text into the data section of the menu file. I always intended to make something more generic but never got around to it), create the padded tracks, and call CDRECORD.

Hello!

I heard from Bastian Schick that he is considering selling JagTris on CD.

And i can assure you that i am interested on selling JagMania on CD too.

But unfortunately we developers always tend to say "let me add this, and the game will be much better" and so the release-day never comes :-)

If Painter sells well this could give us some good motivation.

Best regards

Matthias

PS: Just for the record: At least my JagMania is still waiting for a solution regarding the serial E2prom-storage-functionality.

Like Thunderbird said, it's easy enough to do. In fact if you're happy with one game per CD-R, all the tools and instructions to make the CDs with are available online and are in the public domain; it's just not recommended unless you mostly know what you're doing :)

If you can persuade someone to make you a BJL cable you can use the BJL uploader in ProtectorSE to run the freely-available BJL versions, which may or may not work with JUGS (I can't test it so I can't comment). The biggest advantage of JUGS is that you can make a working setup entirely with off-the-shelf parts, set against the extra expense of the cart. It is easy enough to make a BJL adaptor that will plug into a standard cable with crimp connections though, all you need is two plugs, a shell and a pair of pliers. Entirely up to you, depending on how adventurous you're feeling :)

Stone

Hello,

attached is the latest (= January 2003) version of JagMania.

It is a binary file for load- and start-address $4000.

When you run it you'll notice that it shows some screen-flickering

or frame-drop outs, also the 2-player mode has no real gameplay.

jmntwin2.jpg

Almost everything you can do is explained in the screens, only thing

missing is that you can start the game in 2-player-mode when you

depress FireB.

Press OPTION in the main-menu-screen(s) to enter the level-editor.

If possible you should run it under 50Hz, because less flicker occurs.

Here is the link to my project page (which doesn't contain this binary-file):

http://home.t-online.de/home/Matthias.Domi...in/jagmania.htm

Regards

Matthias

jagmania.zip

Well, Mathias, if you or any of the others wish to put your games on a CD (single game per CD is okay with me), let me know and I'll buy one off of you. I'm impressed with what I already own and from what I've heard some of the other home-brew (if that's that correct terminology) games are just as good.

Like I said, I'm not the brightest when it comes to computers and electronics, so I'm one of those who will support those that are.

Mendon

Hello,

thanks for your interest in a CD-version of the game.

Unfortunately the above released version really has some problems with the video-output, so i don't recommend to waste a CD for it.

What i have forgotten to mention in my last mail is, that this Jagmania-version could save and restore the highscore and level-data on a

serial E2prom of 2048 bytes (as found on BSGold and ProtSE), but this

should be done only by brave people (as mentioned, the E2prom-handling

is WorkInProgress). If you are interested, then drop me a line and i'll tell you how to initiate the E2prom-access.

Regards

Matthias

I heard from Bastian Schick that he is considering selling JagTris on CD.

And i can assure you that i am interested on selling JagMania on CD too.

But unfortunately we developers always tend to say "let me add this, and the game will be much better" and so the release-day never comes :-)

If Painter sells well this could give us some good motivation.

All I can say is, I did my part. I was 4th in line at Songbird's booth at CGE to pick up Painter. (It's a very fun, addictive game, BTW. I highly suggest everyone pick up a copy! You won't be disappointed. It's a highly polished, stylized game. Very sharp. So far, I can see nothing I would've added.)

No matter how tight I may be for money, I would always support anyone who takes the time and effort to release a Jag (or Lynx) game. I especially like the CD format, so publishers can keep the cost down.

Which is my way of saying, add me to ANY game purchasing list! :D