IGNORED

Iron Soldier, is it good?

Nall3k

Iron Soldier is one of the best games on the Jaguar and a classic game that is a must have in general. IS2 has better gfx, but the gameplay is what's important and if you even vaguely like mech games, this one is a must.

I might buy it, is it worth it? or should I get something else? Wolfenstein?
It's definitely worth it, IMO. But, do grab Wolfenstein also when and if you get the chance. That game rules, too. ;)

I never was into mech games until I played Iron Soldier and IS2. I think they're great but, I went back to general mech hatin' after a short stint with Zone of the Enders. ;)

post-2188-1060991417.gif

I have to take everyone's word on how good Iron Soldier 2 is, my CD is virtually unplayable. During the FMV sequences, it'll start getting blocky and eventually freeze. If I skip the FMV, the game will usually freeze during the weapons selection screen. Only once or twice have I actually gotten lucky and managed to play the game.

I have to take everyone's word on how good Iron Soldier 2 is, my CD is virtually unplayable. During the FMV sequences, it'll start getting blocky and eventually freeze. If I skip the FMV, the game will usually freeze during the weapons selection screen. Only once or twice have I actually gotten lucky and managed to play the game.

My copy of IS2 (original copy) started having problems on the weapons screen too, the graphics of the spinning weapon on several weapons would screw up then it would all freeze up. I found out there is a way to avoid this if you are quick: move to the weapon or weapons that it is crashing on and VERY QUICKLY pick it (before the spinning graphic has a chance to load up)and then push the [A] button (be quick about it!)which will jump you over to the exit button and then push it to go to the game. If you pick the weapon as stated above and then hit the [A] button quickly, you can then move back over to other weapons (very quickly so none of the graphics load) and pick them and then push the[A] button again and repeat this process until you have what you want.

I did manage to make a back-up copy of the cd which is screwed up on only one weapon, where as my original disc has screwed up on several others since then. So if you skip the movies and do as I've said, you just might be able to play your game after all. Keep your fingers crossed (but not while your trying to quickly do this) :D

My copy of IS2 (original copy) started having problems on the weapons screen too, the graphics of the spinning weapon on several weapons would screw up then it would all freeze up. I found out there is a way to avoid this if you are quick: move to the weapon or weapons that it is crashing on and VERY QUICKLY pick it (before the spinning graphic has a chance to load up)and then push the [A] button (be quick about it!)which will jump you over to the exit button and then push it to go to the game. If you pick the weapon as stated above and then hit the [A] button quickly, you can then move back over to other weapons (very quickly so none of the graphics load) and pick them and then push the[A] button again and repeat this process until you have what you want.

I did manage to make a back-up copy of the cd which is screwed up on only one weapon, where as my original disc has screwed up on several others since then. So if you skip the movies and do as I've said, you just might be able to play your game after all. Keep your fingers crossed (but not while your trying to quickly do this) :D

I don't see why your discs would do this except for damaged discs. I have kept all my cd's in perfect condition. This dosnt mean I don't play them... I just take extra care of them. My IS2 disc has never had the problem you are describing. It works perfectly and it is in perfect condition.

I don't see why your discs would do this except for damaged discs. I have kept all my cd's in perfect condition. This dosnt mean I don't play them... I just take extra care of them. My IS2 disc has never had the problem you are describing. It works perfectly and it is in perfect condition.

My disc is in perfect condition as far as a lack of scratches go, but which VERSION do you have? the Black labled one or the CDR with the yellow label?