IGNORED

What's a good price for a Jag?

spongebue

I have liked the Jaguar for a while and am starting to want one. I have seen one for about $40 (w/ cords and a controller) and was considering getting that. I was starting to wonder though if that is a good price? Also, how can one tell the difference between the 1 and 2 mb versions of cybermorph with out playing the game? There are a few copies of it at the store and I heard the 2 meg version is much better. Finally, how well does the Jag (and JagCD) play? (In terms of sound and speed, I like what I saw in a screenshot in terms of graphics)

believe me. you dont want a jaguar. i was like you. only it was worse. i NEEDED a jaguar. i could kill someone just to get a jaguar.

Then i finally had a jaguar with 18 games. like atari karts, wolfenstein 3d, etcetcetc.

Some games are ok. but most games i have is just a piece of crap. iron soldier, dragon, cybermorph etc.

to have a jaguar just for a collection is nice. it IS the best looking system out there. but for the games.......well.....you have to playt the jaguar yourself.

i played 18 atari jaguar games within 10 minutes. so you can see how addicted you get to the games.

atari jaguar. only for collectors

i played the games a lot longer. but my opinion stays at that it sucks. but the first time i played it i played all games in 10 minutes. what? a soccer game? crap!. what! slow down! argghh!!what the hell is this for controls! crap!

the best thing is to try to play the games youreself. all comments you will find on atari age is. yeah! buy one its good! yeah go get one its awesome! yeah! and that stuff.

i tell you from my experience what the jaguar did to me. and thats that. you wanted to hear comments? here you have mine.

i hate it when fan boys protect their system telling its a very good system. and yell at you just because youre opinion is different.

You said you played all the games within 10 minutes. IS alone takes at least 5 minutes to even start up the game properly if you're going to give it some serious playtime (mission select, weapon select etc.) Besides that IS isn't crap at all. Dragon, the Bruce Lee story isn't crap either. It's probably the best version of teh game. And cybermorph, although not my kind of game can't be called crap.

Experiences with games are personal.. I will never say you have to like any game.. nor will i defend the Jag, but it's complete bullshit to call all the games crap, cos they aren't your taste or cos you're just too lame at playing them.

You said you played all the games within 10 minutes. IS alone takes at least 5 minutes to even start up the game properly if you're going to give it some serious playtime (mission select, weapon select etc.)  Besides that IS isn't crap at all. Dragon, the Bruce Lee story isn't crap either. It's probably the best version of teh game. And cybermorph, although not my kind of game can't be called crap.

Experiences with games are personal..  I will never say you have to like any game.. nor will i defend the Jag, but it's complete bullshit to call all the games crap, cos they aren't your taste or cos you're just too lame at playing them.

then there is something wrong with you. since it takes you 5 minutes to start a game up.and if you rewad my post you know i said some games are ok. (atari karts and wolfenstein 3d)

besides you dont make any sense at all. with: " but it's complete bullshit to call all the games crap, cos they aren't your taste or cos you're just too lame at playing them "

so i cant call all the games crap if i tought the games were crap?

my english isnt that bad.. i think 99.99% of the people on these boards know what i meant with that.

You didn't mention any games you liked in the earlier posts.

Yeah you can start IS by hitting the buttons.. but someone who gives IS a serious attempt, picks the weapons and mission more or less carefully.

Maybe people like you who think everything sux don't care what mission they play and with wich weapons.

my english isnt that bad

just to show you how i am. i will stop any discussion about this. altough i think the jaguar has lots of crap games. i will not say that. :P

as for a reasonable price for a jaguar. you can get a atari jaguar for 15 euros/dollars. with no psu and any cables. just the base unit

Iron Soldier is one of my favorite games, I love it! Great mission based action game. I wish I had IS2 ...

I personally love the Jag games, I think they are different than other games. And I think they are more fun then all the 3D stuff of the last 2 years...

I mean, come on, Tempest 2000, Iron Soldier, AVP, Wolf 3D, Defender 2000...just to name a few ...

If you don't like those ... well ... Do you actually like playing computer games??

Iron Soldier is one of my favorite games, I love it! Great mission based action game. I wish I had IS2 ...

I personally love the Jag games, I think they are different than other games. And I think they are more fun then all the 3D stuff of the last 2 years...

I mean, come on, Tempest 2000, Iron Soldier, AVP, Wolf 3D, Defender 2000...just to name a few ...  

If you don't like those ... well ... Do you actually like playing computer games??

no offensive maarten marten. but why did you just called just to name a few?. we all know the atari jaguar has 65 games. and i know we all want more people in the atari jaguar community. but if you see one of those new ones. always tell them the truth.always tell the good and bad things about the jaguar games.

and if you dont like atari jaguar games doesnt mean you dislike computer games.

remember. the atari jaguar is one big joke to everyone. for me. its the best looking console in the world. and thats probaly the reason why i now have 3 of them.

remember. the atari jaguar is one big joke to everyone. for me. its the best looking console in the world. and thats probaly the reason why i now have 3 of them.

So what happened to all that BS about how you and Willard were DEFINITELY going to do a game? :roll:

Riiiiiiiiiight! We all REALLY believed that :roll:

And your totally convincing complaints about NickH :roll: :roll:

Just as we do everything you say. Cause you're so reliable.

*Uses a machete to slash a path through all the BULLSHIT* :x

I have liked the Jaguar for a while and am starting to want one.  I have seen one for about $40 (w/ cords and a controller) and was considering getting that.  I was starting to wonder though if that is a good price?  Also, how can one tell the difference between the 1 and 2 mb versions of cybermorph with out playing the game? There are a few copies of it at the store and I heard the 2 meg version is much better.  Finally, how well does the Jag (and JagCD) play? (In terms of sound and speed, I like what I saw in a screenshot in terms of graphics)
Dude, I think $40.00 is a pretty good price for a Jaguar. The prices fluctuate on ebay around this price so it's rather typical. When you say you've "liked the Jaguar for a while" does that mean you've played one or you're being drawn in by it's sexy appearance? :love: Me, the sexiness got it all started but then I got Tempest 2000 and BattleSphere (my personal faves) and I was hopelessly addicted.

Good luck :)

I don't know why people don't like the jaguar. I got one for christmas the same time i got an xbox near the release, and felt bad that i didn't play my xbox much. My friends and i loved to play raiden, which is one of the better 2player games for the jaguar. I also spent alot of time playing alien vs predator, and wolfenstein, and also played club drive alot, although cybermorph just collected dust. Maybe i just picked a few of the better games to buy, i don't know. I also have battlesphere gold and a flashcart with towers II which i havent played yet because i don't have a controller :x

I payed around 45 bucks for my Jag brand new with a brand new Tempest. I'm with Dragonforce on this one though, only get it if you are a collector. I dont call myself a die hard collector but I think I am die hard gamer and I am always looking to buy Jag games to see if they will impress me but always kinda dissapoint me. For example, the game Attack of the Mutant Penguins, I always wanted that game and then when I got it, I was not as impressed with as much as I thought. The next few games I want to pick up are Ultra Vortek, Cannon Fodder, Dragon, Trevor McFur and maybe some others but I probably wont be very impressed with some of these. Anyway I dont know if this is a good place to get opinions cause of the bias towards to Jag, I say Dragon Force nailed it though

I have liked the Jaguar for a while and am starting to want one. I have seen one for about $40 (w/ cords and a controller) and was considering getting that. I was starting to wonder though if that is a good price? Also, how can one tell the difference between the 1 and 2 mb versions of cybermorph with out playing the game? There are a few copies of it at the store and I heard the 2 meg version is much better. Finally, how well does the Jag (and JagCD) play? (In terms of sound and speed, I like what I saw in a screenshot in terms of graphics)

Dude, I think $40.00 is a pretty good price for a Jaguar. The prices fluctuate on ebay around this price so it's rather typical. When you say you've "liked the Jaguar for a while" does that mean you've played one or you're being drawn in by it's sexy appearance? Me, the sexiness got it all started but then I got Tempest 2000 and BattleSphere (my personal faves) and I was hopelessly addicted.

Good luck

I like it's looks (I think it's HOT :roll: ) but I really like the features it has (such as networking and stuff) but I also like how it was one of the few systems with a successful media adapter (carts to cd) and other things. I dunno what got me to thinking about this all of a sudden, but I just had a flashback of the time I was at a thrift store and saw a Jaguar for $10 but didn't get it because it didn't work (Probably because it didn't have a cartridge after I think about it :x :x :x )

Dragonforce, if you hate the Jaguar and its games so much, why do you bother posting in this forum?

And as for your 18 games in 10 minutes... did you even bother to read the instructions for any of those games before you played them? Did you include that time in your 10 minutes? I doubt it. On the Jag or any console, some games one can pick up play, while with others you need to at least glance through the manual to understand the controls, objectives, etc.

IMO, less than a minute per game is hardly what it takes to offer any kind of meaningful opinion.

You don't like the Jag? Fine. But I get the distinct impression you're attempting to influence others with an ill-informed opinion.

Does that Jaguar have more than its fair share of poor, mediocre and bad games? Sure. Even a "fan boy" can see that. Games like Checkered Flag and Supercross 3D are really not worth buying unless one wants a complete collection.

But the Jag has many good games, games that are still enjoyable to play, just depending on one's personal taste in games. Games like Raiden, Wolfenstein 3D, Tempest 2000, Iron Soldier 1 and 2, Super Burnout, Rayman, Missile Command 3D, Atari Karts, Battlemorph and Battlesphere.

Since you include Iron Soldier among the Jag's bad games, IMO, your opinion is immediately suspect. Since you apparently spent less than a minute playing the game, you couldn't have even gotten anywhere near completing the first mission.

IMO, anytime you offer "advice," it should not go unchallenged. I'd hate to see someone make a decision based on what you say.

When I bought my Jag I paid $29.00 back in 99. I bought it cause I had an Aliens VS Predator cart I wanted to play, which in my opinion is a close second to Tempest 2K for favorite game. I have a few games that I never play cause they are not my cup of tea. But in my opinion, the Jag is worth owning alone for Tempest 2K. Great game, with outstanding replay value.

But again thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.