IGNORED

Super Famicom Power Adapter

I recently bought a Super Famicom, but it didn't come with a power adapter.

I saw that the Super Nintendo one won't work for it at all, so I'm looking for a decent alternate.

I was hoping to not throw out quite a bit on it, but I'm having a hard time finding a reliable one that isn't overpriced. 

Any suggestions or suggested products?

PS - I ordered something from https://en.retrogamesupply.com/, but I'm not sure when/if that will actually ship... cause otherwise it fit the bill perfectly. 

11 hours ago, KeeperofLindblum said:

I recently bought a Super Famicom, but it didn't come with a power adapter.

I saw that the Super Nintendo one won't work for it at all, so I'm looking for a decent alternate.

I was hoping to not throw out quite a bit on it, but I'm having a hard time finding a reliable one that isn't overpriced. 

Any suggestions or suggested products?

PS - I ordered something from https://en.retrogamesupply.com/, but I'm not sure when/if that will actually ship... cause otherwise it fit the bill perfectly. 

If you don’t want to shell out the dough on a third party power supply, might I suggest a Sega Genesis model 1 power supply or a Master System power supply? They both use the correct voltage and polarity to power the Super Famicom.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, empsolo said:

If you don’t want to shell out the dough on a third party power supply, might I suggest a Sega Genesis model 1 power supply or a Master System power supply? They both use the correct voltage and polarity to power the Super Famicom.

Okay I saw this in a few places, but I'm glad someone has reconfirmed this is an option! I'll look around and see if I can find that instead.

Thanks for your assistance!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KeeperofLindblum said:

Okay I saw this in a few places, but I'm glad someone has reconfirmed this is an option! I'll look around and see if I can find that instead.

Thanks for your assistance!

I will second using a Genesis power supply. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up being an impatient fool and now I have two...

I can confirm that the https://en.retrogamesupply.com/ power unit shipped (took a bit coming to me from France), and it did work. It didn't feel cheap or light, but it's not as robust as the real deal. Definitely cheaper than what I ended up doing...

I bought a complete in-box version of the original power supply. It feels right and works great, so now I have TWO power supplies for my ONE Super Famicom.

>_<

• Like 2