IGNORED

Atarimax Ultimate SD Only Games?

Tempest

I have an Atari max 128-in-1 cart which works fine, but it only supports games up to 32K.  I know that covers all the games released during the 5200's lifetime (except BBSB) but now with homebrews and conversions, there are some that need 128K or more.  Does anyone have a list of games that only work with the Ultimate SD?  I'm trying to justify the price. :)

I'm afraid I don't. But I will also say I'm a very satisfied buyer of the Atarimax SD cart. In addition to the emotional satisfaction of having an authorized and licensed copy of Ken Siders' BEEF DROP included with the cart, it's great to be able to play whatever random cool new 5200 homebrew comes along like @shanti77's BOSCONIAN or @Ryan Witmer's MAGICAL FAIRY FORCE as they evolve and get developed. 

The flexibility of the modern SD card-based device is well worth the price, regardless of the file size of the games. :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rayik said:

Bounty Bob Strikes Back.  No other justification needed to get the AtariMax SD cart.  ?

Ugh, I can't imagine trying to play BBSB with the 5200 controller.  It was hard enough with the 8-bit joystick.

I saw AtariBlast and Bosconian both needed it which is why I was curious.  I think I might get one just to keep everything better organized as I have lots of proto rom files that I'd like to keep in a separate directory.