IGNORED

FloB - teaser

bocianu

56 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

it does save the data

Well, OK, checked the FloB website and documentation, it is not through AtariMax CAR image, but there is a special CAR type for AVG only. What just puzzles me though, is what the AVGCARTA.UPD file in the archive is for...?

11 minutes ago, woj said:

Well, OK, checked the FloB website and documentation, it is not through AtariMax CAR image, but there is a special CAR type for AVG only. What just puzzles me though, is what the AVGCARTA.UPD file in the archive is for...?

that update shouldn't be there anymore since the save functionality was included in the release builds already, i'll have that removed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tmp said:

that update shouldn't be there anymore since the save functionality was included in the release builds already, i'll have that removed

A follow up question then - what the CAR type tag should be for this I can figure out from the FloB distro, but is the saving to SD card functionality of AVG documented somewhere? I'd love to add it to my own development. (Probably I can check it in the FloB sources if not...) 

Edited by woj

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

A Popeye enhancement of saving the scores?

It already has score saving for AtariMax carts, Pico carts (when running solo on it), SIDE3/FATFMS, all "native" DOS-es, now that I know AVG has facilities for that it feels almost as sin not supporting it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, woj said:

A follow up question then - what the CAR type tag should be for this I can figure out from the FloB distro, but is the saving to SD card functionality of AVG documented somewhere? I'd love to add it to my own development. (Probably I can check it in the FloB sources if not...) 

it's just a quick hack for flob but since it allows to choose filename, it can be reused (unless the save file is too big)

i'll try to find flob src to give you more info since that's basically the only "documentation"

On 11/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, bocianu said:

Glitches on credits screen are also something new for me. I will try to investigate it.

Are the credits ok, when you launch them using Help key on title screen?

Just so that you know, I just have seen them too, this was on an NTSC machine (VBXE+Sophia 2 one, if it makes any difference), when going into credits with HELP. The vertical scrolling is also intermittently jerky (due to skipped frames to equalize the speed for NTSC?). The glitch is that the big FloB logo with messed up colors seems to be flashing in between scroll animation frames.