IGNORED

Jagfest Uk Micro - Sunday 30th November 2003

Gaztee

Hi Guys,

Well I can finally announce Jagfest Uk Micro will be taking place on Sunday 30th November 2003. Unfortuntely a location has not been given to me at this precise moment, although somewhere near Birmingham seems to be a possiblilty.

What is Micro bit all about??? Well, we have been given some floor space at the upcoming Micromart Computer Fair. They haven't let me know the exact location yet, but this date IS confirmed now. And as I am off on my travels in a few weeks thought it was a good time to get the ball rolling & see who is interested.

I am going to be doing a networked Battlesphere (4 -5 Jags) for my bit & Nick H will be providing the retail again. I hope to see at least some of you here again. I will give out further details as I get them, but it might be an idea to just concentrate on a particular thing this time due to a lack of space.

Anyhoo, I hope this is good news for everyone who managed to come in June & should be a nice little taster for next years Jagfest UK 2004!!!

Cheers

Gaztee

:twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

The venue has now been confirmed as the NEC in Birmingham. All interested should contact either myself or Nick Harlow, so we can let the Micromart people know how many people are going. This is because space is limited, so it will be on a first come first served basis.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Gaztee

Hi Guys,

The venue has now been confirmed as the NEC in Birmingham. All interested should contact either myself or Nick Harlow, so we can let the Micromart people know how many people are going. This is because space is limited, so it will be on a first come first served basis.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Gaztee

How small a space has been set aside for this show? The NEC is huge. Surely more visitors would be better for them financially?

Woo, I might be nearby-ish about then :)

Excellent news, JagFestUK was great fun :)

Stone

You should have been at Unconventional 2003 over the weekend then, it was great, plenty of Jag and Lynx stuff in addition to the 8-bit and ST stuff. I didn't sleep for the whole three days, and I remember at one point playing Worms (I finally understand this game!) and drinking rum with the Dutch at 5 o'clock in the morning. Oh, somewhere along the line there was a barbecue with German sausages, too!

post-3480-1062631387_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1062631388_thumb.jpg

Hey Linkovitch, any ideas on what you'll be doing then?? Latest update on your little project maybe??

shhhhh :)

The progress I have made is purley in the poking the jag with virtual sticks.. (learning GPU and Blitter). Made some interesting breakthroughs (for me), but i think I will just attend as a visitor, if I have anything worthy of a show (I won't) I'll bring it along but don't hold your breath, just working on the background stuff atm.

going to try and save up wads of cash so I can alleviate Nick of more goodies :)

Guys, I repeat my question... How small a space has been allocated? This is the first I've ever heard of a show where numbers are limited. Seems strange, especially as not everyone will be staying the whole day, how can they enforce this? It's not exactly as if the active UK Jaguar community willing to go to such an event is enormous.

Hey lais,

Did you not get the email from Shaun??? I think the reason why the space is limited is because there are lots of different areas & subsections. Atari will be one of the 3 main sections, & I think the Commodore & sinclair sections may well be bigger :ponder:

I hope this is of some help to you

Gaztee

Hey lais,

Did you not get the email from Shaun??? I think the reason why the space is limited is because there are lots of different areas & subsections. Atari will be one of the 3 main sections, & I think the Commodore & sinclair sections may well be bigger  :ponder:  

I hope this is of some help to you

Gaztee

Ah, yes. Crossed wires. I now understand you're referring to space for exhibitors. Perhaps you could make that clearer (though more likely I need to get more sleep).