IGNORED

Robotron!

jetset

The important thing is that the 7800 version plays SO MUCH better than the 5200 version. The graphics are only a mild upgrade (but at least your player isn't so fat).

It's almost like the whole game is running in character mode.

I think it is actually...

Tempest

• 2 months later...

Ok, I had to dig this thread back up. Now that I have a 7800, I more than ever like the 5200 version better. Agreed, the 7800 looks better and moves better also, but for once the 5200's controllers are a strength. The 7800 version lacks the ability to run one way and shoot the other. The controls kill it for the 7800 imo.

Still good for both systems but the 5200 comes out on top.

The 7800 version lacks the ability to run one way and shoot the other.

BZZZZZZT!

Zylon's right on this one. If you have both controllers plugged in, you can move with one, and fire with the other. The trick is mounting the controllers on a suitable surface to do this with.

Which makes me wonder if Atari ever planned a joystick coupler for use with this game..

Which makes me wonder if Atari ever planned a joystick coupler for use with this game..

It would have made sense to do so. The stock controllers for the 7800 are difficult to manage by themselves.

Would the Spy Hunter coupler with two 2600 stock controllers have worked? I haven't played the 7800 version in a long time and can't remember whether the games uses 1 or two buttons for control.

It would have made sense to do so. The stock controllers for the 7800 are difficult to manage by themselves.

Would the Spy Hunter coupler with two 2600 stock controllers have worked? I haven't played the 7800 version in a long time and can't remember whether the games uses 1 or two buttons for control.

I see no reason why it wouldn't, because if you are using the two joysticks, you don't need the buttons at all.

Alternatively, you can play it with a friend and split the moving/firing duties between you. It can actually be easier this way.

I have no fwiends..... :sad:

But you have a Zenji coming in the mail. :D

True dat! I can't wait! Two more to go for my complete 5200 collection.