IGNORED

Miracle... Piano Teaching System

Jasoco

Looking for info on this elusive educational toy from the early 90's, late 80's.

I remember seeing this in toy stores and Nintendo Power years ago. As I recall, there was an NES and SNES version. Were there versions on other systems?

And is a collection more complete if I had the keyboard as well? Or can just find the games themselves? I saw the whole set on eBay for a few hundred but a single NES game pak for only a few bucks. Would be nice to have the whole thing, but if I just had the pak... whatever.

Were the NES and SNES keyboards the same? Were they standard MIDI keyboards with special controller port connectors? Or did you HAVE to use an NES one with an NES and an SNES one with an SNES. Did it plug into the wall? Need batteries? Have ports for audio out or in or stuff?

I look back now and wonder where I would be if my parents had decided to get me one and I learned to play. Maybe I'd be in Carnegie Hall or something. ;)

I'm gonna search Google now, but I'd like your input as well.

I've contacted someone on eBay about one they have, but they don't know what it should be worth. What would you say a complete Miracle system would be worth? Most likely includes everything. At least the game, keyboard and a stand and connection wire.

There's a store around here that's kind of like an electronic pawn shop, I used to buy some classic games from them. They used to have piles and piles of that Miracle Piano thing for the NES. I'm not sure they still have any- I'll have to check on my next day off.

Actually, it's someone else asking for an offer.

And I'm seriously interested. I'll have to maybe see what they are willing to take. They wanted to put it on eBay eventually, I got wind of it in one of their auctions they mentioned they had one for sale they weren't sure they would Auction yet. So I said what the hey, if I can avoid eBay and bidding.

Thing is it comes with everything except box and packaging. But it also has a stand. A later addition. Not OEM. Stands are cool.

The keyboard itself worked with any system(or as a stand-alone electric keyboard), for each platform you use a different cable to hook it up to one of the controller or serial ports and the nessesary cartridge or disk with the mirical piano Software for the platform your using.

We originaly got the Mirical piano for use with our NES but later bought a PC "conversion kit" which had a manual, connection cable, and floppies with MS-DOS software on them.