IGNORED

Foxit - in progress

GDMike

Thank you, and happy new year to you!

I'll start back in forth sometime after FOXIT gets finished up and I can't wait. 

I've just at a point where I need to open, not load, a file, a DF80 file.

I just got a file to open and It's the wrong type, I need to open a DF80 object file.

I've forgotten what attribute is OPEN vs LOAD.

I think I'm using byte >01... Anyway.. I've run outta time for the day. Tomorrow I have got to know how to open a DF80.

I Know how to read the data and move it around.. I've just forgotten which byte to set for open. Isn't 0 for LOAD? So i didn't try it.

But I'll look it up in the book tomorrow before going to work again.

• Like 1

I'm trying to read a DF 80, (object code), file.

I'm using the example in the E/A manual, but it's not reading the file. I'm getting an I/o error.

I'm also using classic 99. Do I need to set anything up in classic 99 other than FIAD? Because I really need to use that mode.

If someone has an example, can you drop it here?.

I have enough to add error handling, so I don't need any of that. I'm not sure what my issue is today.. but it's always something. I'm sorry in advance, and I went though all this last year and thought I had a good handle on it. But last night all my efforts were toast and the only thing that I never changed was the controller in classic 99.

I'm not in front of my computer, but I'll be back at work in a couple hours to hammer This out.

ok, im back...and Ive uploaded the source files

ULOAD is the test subject that Im trying to read.

TESTS CHARS

ULOAD

Edited by GDMike

41 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

At a glance...

PDATA  DATA >0012,PABUF,>5000,10        *missing a couple bytes, 6,7.

PDATA  DATA >0012,PABUF,>5000,>0000,10

I loaded ULOAD into E/A, EDITOR(Classic99). I see some B, tags. This looks like it is trying to be an object file, but is missing critical data.

...dinner break.?

Yes. That's been corrected on my side, as I saw that rt after uploading. 

The correct PAB is 

"PDATA DATA >0014,PABUF,>5000,0000,000A"

But I've tried byte 1 with a 2 through>0E.

I've also changed that "UFILE" to an uncompressed file type, a compile without compress, and I get no data read from the file.

Half my problem is not knowing the file type, on wether it's an internal or relative file opposed to being a sequential type.

Its best to understand those differences.

Edited by GDMike

I'm left pondering something..

Since SNP can allow copy/paste from classic 99 and those pastes end up in SAMs banks, depending on what page number., ie;. Pages 1-4 are bank 1 (>3000). And so on..

So what if I just add a command in SNP that would allow a B @  a SAMs bank. 

and then I could just copy all of Foxit code into those SNP pages and save it out, because SNP saves files.

then I just create a small boot file on bank 1 and after  Foxit is loaded with SNP I then could branch to bank 1. And that routine could basically move all the SAMs banks to where I'd need them for Foxit to completely load WITH my other support code intact...

because the real reason for trying to read a DF80 file is so that I can pull it into SAMS banks.

well, it's a Long way around.. but it'd probably work..lol

I need to figure out why I can't read this file.. bwhaha...

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

PDATA  DATA >0012,PABUF,>5000,>0000,10

Breakdown of byte >01(>12)...

Binary 00010010, big-endian... 000-Error code ...1(VARIABLE-LENGTH)-Record type ...0(DISPLAY)-Datatype ...01(OUTPUT)-Mode of operation ...0(SEQUENTIAL)-File type.

So you're specifying, VARIABLE, DISPLAY, OUTPUT, SEQUENTIAL.

But, you want, FIXED, DISPLAY, INPUT, SEQUENTIAL.

Byte >01(>04)...

Binary 00000100, big-endian... 000-Error code ...0(FIXED-LENGTH)-Record type ...0(DISPLAY)-Datatype ...10(INPUT)-Mode of operation ...0(SEQUENTIAL)-File type.

P.S. Not too sure that E/A, uses SEQUENTIAL though.:ponder:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Breakdown of byte >01(>12)...

Binary 00010010, big-endian... 000-Error code ...1(VARIABLE-LENGTH)-Record type ...0(DISPLAY)-Datatype ...01(OUTPUT)-Mode of operation ...0(SEQUENTIAL)-File type.

So you're specifying, VARIABLE, DISPLAY, OUTPUT, SEQUENTIAL.

But, you want, FIXED, DISPLAY, INPUT, SEQUENTIAL.

Byte >01(>04)...

Binary 00000100, big-endian... 000-Error code ...0(FIXED-LENGTH)-Record type ...0(DISPLAY)-Datatype ...10(INPUT)-Mode of operation ...0(SEQUENTIAL)-File type.

P.S. Not too sure that E/A, uses SEQUENTIAL though.:ponder:

I'm not sure what the EA source code ends up as. I only know it by DF 80... not sure if that means it's seq. Or random, or if it's internal...

But I've tried plugging so many different byte 1 values,from >1 >C, And didn't get a read out.

3 hours ago, GDMike said:

Because all I can do is make it worse.

Yes, when I discovered that the new object code was radically different from the original source, whilst in the middle of stepping through the program...

I nearly blew a fuse.?

So, after changing byte 1 of PDATA to >04, and then adding bytes 6,7, and using the uncompressed DF80 ULOAD, from DISK 4...

This appears to work! No debugging needed...

read.thumb.jpg.62df80abb5fe34be5716f8528addf378.jpg

...not so bad after all.

;-)

• Haha 1