IGNORED

Atari VCS Store Order Number High-Score :)

Mockduck

Hi.

I made a graphic with all your numbers (and mine).
If I had two differents number from the same day, I took the highest.

I kept the database so I ll be able to update somes days.

Of course if won't be very relevant when we will be able to buy more than one game by order. :).

image.thumb.png.abc5a797944ba1ee790b94f43242578c.png

On 2/22/2022 at 3:52 PM, MScottson said:

I am also holding out for a potential summer sale on the hardware as it's too expensive with shipping to Canada.

Even throw Atarivcs.com ?

I guess we will have more sale for the 50th anniversary.

You can also order an onyx one without controller but I guess the classic one is a part of the lovely consideration :).

14 hours ago, Gunther said:

Tempest 4K on the 22nd of March will be a big seller.

I wonder how many?

I hope so...
May 5 to 10% for all VCS basis so probably between 1k to 3k units  the first month (I assume Atari sold between 30k and 40k units lifetime at this point).
I hope more of course ^^.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jandb said:

I hope so...
May 5 to 10% for all VCS basis so probably between 1k to 3k units  the first month (I assume Atari sold between 30k and 40k units lifetime at this point).

We need to get a sales graph for the VCS here on Atariage like this. The forums on Vgchartz are quite lively at times. Used to post there a lot but lost my old account.

Screenshot_20220301-224430-642.thumb.png.9e2bc60d3bce932ae17ad4d8420bbfcf.png

Edited by Djmicklovin

14 hours ago, jandb said:

I hope so...

I doubt the VCS sales are at 30,000. If I had to wager, 20,000 tops.

@Nall3k

You re right. We don't know. We can estimate a bit.

We had around 10k units thanks to the IGG crowdfunding.

Atari delivered theses units from december 2020 to march 2021.

At the end of march 2021 VCS represented 2.5 millions € in Atari inventory (VCS and componants for VCS). (We can assume this is again 10k units and that Atari) (Atari annual report 2020-21, page 68)

• This amount is the same than preordered registrer by atari at the end of september 2020.
  • The bigggest part was IGG and they were delivered before the end of fiscal year, means before march 2021.

So Atari seems to rotate the money (preorder -> VCS -> same amount -> new VCS).

So 10k (IGG + preorder) + 10k in inventory

End of september 2021 : 1.6 millions € VCS in inventory (and components)

BUT during this half period from march 2021 to september 2021 VCS generated 2.3 millions €, so we can assume Atari sold "at least" all the VCS registered in the inventory in march 2021.

(may be more if they produced in sell more during this period)

So at this point Atari sold more than 20k units and have around 6/7k in stocks (estimation).

We know to from July to October, 2 shareholders 2021 let 2.6 millions $ to Atari excplicitly for VCS.

We can hope, Atari sold "at least" the same quantity of VCS in the second half period (from october 2021 to march 2022) thanks to :

• better momentum in press
  • more quantity avalable
  • black friday / christmas time
  • extension to Canada (and don't forget australia too since april / may 2021)

This is why I consider the range 30k to 40k.

I assume too, for VCS, than reseller sold almost everything because Atari cannot produce to much VCS because the company need to be very carefull with the inventory (not a lot of money).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @KidGuzzi

Average : 19 tickets a day from the last 30 days... low.

But no big update since a while so.

Hope Tempest 4k will revigorate this.

Is someone can confirm we cannot add more than 1 title by order ?

(I didn't order since a while too, so I don't know if Atari corrected this problem)

I ordered Tempest and sales invoice #18,252.   Safe to predict that Atari VCS sales numbers for both console and games are extremely low.   I have been a fair critic of some of the ways they have rolled out things.  I do hope that they can at least offer some Atari classics for the 2nd and 3rd quarter of this year on their console.   Hopefully a price drop and market push as the 50th Anniversary nears.  

19 hours ago, swlovinist said:

I ordered Tempest and sales invoice #18,252.   Safe to predict that Atari VCS sales numbers for both console and games are extremely low.   I have been a fair critic of some of the ways they have rolled out things.  I do hope that they can at least offer some Atari classics for the 2nd and 3rd quarter of this year on their console.   Hopefully a price drop and market push as the 50th Anniversary nears.  

You lot expect Waaaaaaay too much from this system.

Firstly, it was always market as a P.C hybrid and not just a games console.

Secondly, compared to where it was last year it's miles better.

If they get it out in Europe (Germany, Italy, France, England, Poland being the best bets) it'll sell well especially now that it has native retro-emulators, native DosBox, and quite a few games too.

The fact they're adding development tools for amatuer and professinal developers is another great addition that is being beta'd as we speak.

The ATARI XP games will be available as download-only from the VCS store, meaning that any games released for ATARI XP will also be available to VCS owners without the need to buy a physical cart and 7800 console.

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 1