IGNORED

Activision Anthology for GBA Announced

Albert

Question related to this project:

Now that the Activision ROMs have been removed from AA, is there a length of time when they can be put back? Or are they forever gone never to return?

The Activision ROMs being removed had nothing to do with this particular project, they were removed some time ago when we were working on something else with Activision. I don't anticipate them coming back anytime soon.

..Al

I'm wondering if Activision Anthology was designed for veterans like us or for kids. Do you think the kids could enjoy this game?

Magic Hate Ball says: "All signs point to no"

http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1338730,00.asp

Tell that to my little sister.

Hi:

Well, GameStop.com sez, "Pre-Release ETA: 11/17/03."

Can anyone confirm or deny?

THANKS!

-PongHit

Rule 1: Gamestop lies.

Almost as bad as EB lies.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys and gals...Activision Anthology GBA started shipping from our distributor as of Tuesday December 2nd. It will probably start showing up in stores late next week sometime. Those of you who preordered from www.aspyr.com should be receiving your copies very soon now (a couple of days perhaps?) For those of you not in North America, we cannot ship any of our GBA titles to you due to export restrictions mandated by Nintendo...sorry. :(

For those of you not in North America, we cannot ship any of our GBA titles to you due to export restrictions mandated by Nintendo...sorry. :(

Not to come down on you or anything, but that sucks. Give Nintendo a big FU from me the next time you see them.

Meanwhile, I'll see if I can source it from a store willing to ignore that directive.

• 1 month later...

Wow - I must have no life...

I just read every message in this thread (8 pages) expecting to come to the end with a bunch of 'I got mine!' and 'This game ROCKS!', etc. yet NOT ONE person has stated (in this thread at least) that they have laid their hands upon this gem.

I'm guessing mention has been made in other threads but it just seemed poetic that it occur in this thread that has been going on for so long...

EDIT:

OK - I found the 'other' impressions thread but I'm not going to read it's 7 pages just yet! ;)

I finally got mine last week for only $26 shipped, thanks to a tipster here. The game is just amazing, I really can't find a bad thing about it, except for maybe what seems to be a dip in frame rates in some of the animation but it's very rare and it doesn't affect gameplay at all. It has quickly become my favorite GBA game.

I love the Homebrew games too. Many of which I've never gotten to play before because they didn't work in my emulator. I almost wish there were more homebrews, maybe AA can put together a GBA cart of just homebrew titles?

I'd love to see more of the 2600 collection released as well, not neccessarily the popular Atari made carts but more of the obscure or rare games.