IGNORED

Pinball Games on Switch

MrBeefy

12 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So I have the Star Wars Pinball game. I love it. I always see these other Pinball games on sale for $2

Like this one. https://www.dekudeals.com/items/jurassic-pinball

Anyone tried any of those from that publisher? Are there any others that I need to check out?

The Horror Pinball Bundle looks (potentially) solid https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide/#filter/:q=pinball&dFR[platform][0]=Nintendo Switch.  Hope this helps some.

• Thanks 1

I don't really care for Zen Pinball.

I like The Pinball Arcade, but it's highly unlikely you'll be able to play anything but Gottleib and Stern on the Switch version :(

Yoku's Island Express looks pretty cool, I've heard good things, but I haven't tried it yet.

Ditto to Demon's Tilt.

• Thanks 1

^Correct, and they're not well made on there either, at least the earlier physical/digital releases they had to patch up.  YOu can sit on so many load screens to get into the table hall and table for Stern I got fed up with it and dumped it.  TPA took a huge hit in quality control and just being made nice when William's threw them under the bus for dumpy Zen.

12 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

The Horror Pinball Bundle looks (potentially) solid https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide/#filter/:q=pinball&dFR[platform][0]=Nintendo Switch.  Hope this helps some.

Since it has 3 of their tables I purchased it. It was only $0.30 more than one of the tables on sale. I will try and update what I think after I've had a chance to play.

• Like 1

So I just tried out all three tables in that horror bundle. I will get my $2 of fun out of them.

I don't think they are the best designed. I had a hard time doing the shots I wanted but I'm not a pinball wizard. The ball felt heavy.

I played Sterns Frankenstein after and that ball then felt floaty in comparison. I like my Star Wars pinball more but for $2 I can't complain. Those who play these more would probably have a better review.

• Like 1

You know I'd eventually chime in here @MrBeefy, lol.  Here's the ones I've played and bought most, if not all, tables for, or played through for the pinball piece.

One thing I will add, though, that at heart they will play significantly different than IRL pinball so you'll have to decide which one has better 'feel' for you personally.  All the games I think offer demos or free tables of some sort.

Pinball FX3 (Zen):

Good mix of tables between their originals and licensed/Williams tables.  I personally like playing the tables in 'Classic' mode without the powerups, but using the powerups can be a good way to rack up the in-game achievements if you're into that sort of thing.  I own all the tables for FX3.  Zen won't be adding any new tables since they're moving to a new platform at some point in the future.

Star Wars Pinball (Zen):

I really enjoyed these tables as well.  If you like Star Wars and video pinball, this is a really good set.  Cost of game includes all the tables.

Zaccaria:

Tons of tables from an Italian pinball company.  Lots of free tables to try, but there's also a large amount of microtransactions for the tables.  I was a whale and bought them all, lol.  I really enjoy the variety and how the tables all play.  The weakest of the tables in my opinion are the new "Deluxe" tables, but there's still fun to be had.  Zaccaria is my favorite of the pinball games available for Switch.

The Pinball Arcade:

Primarily Stern and Gottlieb tables.  You can't buy one of the packs due to licensing from the eshop.  I enjoy these tables more than I do the ones from FX3- they're more fun and draw me in more.

Yoku's Island Express:

A neat take on a pinball platformer.  I personally got frustrated about midway through due to difficulty of making shots and 'noped' it off my SD card for now.

Senran Kagura Peach Ball:
You'll just have to look this one up for yourself. ;)  It plays well, but suffers sorely from a lack of variety in tables/etc. This one isn't appropriate for the Littles unless you don't care if they see it or not.  My teens were super embarrassed when I was playing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

You know I'd eventually chime in here @MrBeefy, lol.  Here's the ones I've played and bought most, if not all, tables for, or played through for the pinball piece.

One thing I will add, though, that at heart they will play significantly different than IRL pinball so you'll have to decide which one has better 'feel' for you personally.  All the games I think offer demos or free tables of some sort.

Pinball FX3 (Zen):

Good mix of tables between their originals and licensed/Williams tables.  I personally like playing the tables in 'Classic' mode without the powerups, but using the powerups can be a good way to rack up the in-game achievements if you're into that sort of thing.  I own all the tables for FX3.  Zen won't be adding any new tables since they're moving to a new platform at some point in the future.

Star Wars Pinball (Zen):

I really enjoyed these tables as well.  If you like Star Wars and video pinball, this is a really good set.  Cost of game includes all the tables.

Zaccaria:

Tons of tables from an Italian pinball company.  Lots of free tables to try, but there's also a large amount of microtransactions for the tables.  I was a whale and bought them all, lol.  I really enjoy the variety and how the tables all play.  The weakest of the tables in my opinion are the new "Deluxe" tables, but there's still fun to be had.  Zaccaria is my favorite of the pinball games available for Switch.

The Pinball Arcade:

Primarily Stern and Gottlieb tables.  You can't buy one of the packs due to licensing from the eshop.  I enjoy these tables more than I do the ones from FX3- they're more fun and draw me in more.

Yoku's Island Express:

A neat take on a pinball platformer.  I personally got frustrated about midway through due to difficulty of making shots and 'noped' it off my SD card for now.

Senran Kagura Peach Ball:
You'll just have to look this one up for yourself. ;)  It plays well, but suffers sorely from a lack of variety in tables/etc. This one isn't appropriate for the Littles unless you don't care if they see it or not.  My teens were super embarrassed when I was playing it.

I liked the Star Wars one. The ones aren't probably as good as the ones you listed here, but like I said. I will get my $2 out of three tables. They will be good to play closer to Halloween too. I need to check out Yoku.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:38 AM, KaeruYojimbo said:

Has anyone here played Creature in the Well? I added it to my wishlist when it was released so I wouldn't forget about it, but never got around to buying it. Not a straight-up pinball game, but describes itself as "pinball inspired" and looks a bit pinball-y in places.

I have not tried that.

9 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Demon's Tilt is absolutely brilliant. Possible even better than Devil Crash and Alien Crush. Highly recommended. So much to do on the table, and it looks and sounds amazing.

I need to wishlist it. I've heard good things about it.

13 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Absolutely. My only qualifier would be that I'm more of a fan of 'video pinball', than stuff like Pinball Arcade etc...

Fair enough, longer term I have been too.  I had some years of passing fun with Pinball Arcade but it ran thin, died when those jerks who bought up Williams pinball assets handed it over to those buffoons at ZEN Pinball who went and screwed up the tables they put out, and like a pack of babies censored them as well.  Wrong physics, censored(and therefore) wrong art assets...they're garbage.  Sucked my cares out of 'realistic' digital pinball to where I can't recall last when I fired up TPA on my phone, steam.