IGNORED

Legendary Spear - homebrew (completed)

Dave C

Thanks Darrell - I thought I had erased all those glitches (I hate those) but I didn't have that mode set, I'll go back over it. The forgetting to do # sounds familiar... 

I have also had a number of problems that long story short - were due to missing certain transitions (I strobe RESP1 for every enemy - and have separate routines depending on whether I need to do an early or late strobe and whether I am drawing the rider or not - lots of opportunity for mistakes and on a few occasions found the code had drifted to branch near a page boundary - adding an new uncounted cycle ). I question whether or not it was a good idea to do things this way but once I got it mostly working it was hard to get loose of making it work for real. 

Edited by Dave C
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

Macros can help with that. Drop those into macro.h, then use sbcc, sbeq, etc. instead of bcc, beq, etc. for branches that must occur on the same page.

That is exactly what I needed. 

...and this looks like the culprit.

-            and $0f                ;2  53
+            and #$0f               ;2  53

This was where the code extracts bottom half of an enemy sprite's horizontal positioning byte (the top half contains the HMOVE for fine positioning, the bottom half controls RESP1 strobing) - but only for the case of being in the middle of drawing the player. TLDR with developer mode on - total havoc.

So far not finding anything else super obvious. The game feels like it plays different in developer mode... but I also haven't played in a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Edited by Dave C
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...