IGNORED

First [non playable] Pac-Man Collection demo available...

opcode

Hi there!

Just a sneak preview of the final game. It isn't playable or ever has any sprite animation, but perhaps some of you would like to check my progress.

I would suggest you to run it using MESS.

I am working on the animation engine. I hope to have some sort of animation soon, probably the intro and intermission sequences first, followed by the actual gameplay.

After the initial name screen, press # to place credits and 1 or 2 to start a "game". Again, there isn't any gameplay. Ever though the maze just looks like a static screen, it was created for the actual game engine and there is more underneath that you could imagine (dot mapping, the fruits display does work, etc). I would say the game is about 40% done so far. Hopefully it will end being the best 8-bit version ever, at least in the gameplay department.

http://www.opcodegames.com/modules/Downloa...ads/pac01.zip.1

The file is a regular zip file. Just rename it pac01.zip after downloading.

Hope you enjoy.

Eduardo Mello

Excellent stuff! Good to see that there are still some quality homebrew stuff coming out for the old ColecoVision.

Perhaps it's too soon to ask... but are you planning any future projects?

--Zero

After PMC is completed I have thought about two possible projects: Starting Donkey Kong Collection or a completely original game. Right now I am more inclined toward the later one, as I have a good idea for something which I think would be very unique and fun. But it would be a huge project too, which would require a good amount of time and ever money to accomplish, so I will see...

Right now I want to keep focused on finishing PMC... :)

Eduardo Mello