IGNORED

Purchased: Atari 5200 GTIA

Dopy25

I posted about this in the 5200 section before realizing I have a potential issue with the GTIA. Mine has a crack in one corner of it. I'm pretty sure that's not good. The console seems to work but when it warms up it glitches pretty bad.

Needles to say, I am looking for a GTIA replacement. Please PM if you have one or know where I can get one that doesn't cost a whole console.

Thank you!

Edit: I was able to reach out to TBA and got helped. I will have a GTIA in my 5200 soon enough.

Edited by Dopy25

Does nobody have a spare GTIA? 

The link above seems to come from an 800 and I've understood they may be the same just but I'm not sure about the coding. 

I found a Sophia on TBA but that's mad expensive when I don't even know if this console works properly. Plus, the listing says it comes pre set for the 5200 and the resolution has can be changed but you need an 8bit Atari to do so. That leads me to believe they may not be exact replacement. The seller on ebay hasn't answered the question either but they may not know.

I found a single retro game shop here that does repairs and they do have a 5200 they might consider selling for parts but the manager hasn't got back to me. 

I know the one I have is trash because of the crack in it but I don't know if replacing that will make the console great again. 

Please help me out. Even if it's to loan me a tester I can send back to you. I just want to know I didn't blow money on this thing.