IGNORED

Suggestion: Diagnostic Cart. For Jaguar...

hex65000

I have been hunting through the Atari Age Web site and I'm finding a cornucopia of goodies on here. Among the things you can grab are diagnostic carts for the 2600 and 5200 (I must have these! 8) ) I'd love to see something resembling a basic test cart for the Jag as well. It may not be as comprehensive as the test stands, but at least you could say with a moderate degree of certainty 'yes, it works just fine.'

I know this lacks the glamour of writing a game for folks, but I do think that it would be a worthwhile pursuit. Unless, such an item exists already at an affordable price.

Hex.

[ Nearly inhaled his coffee on seeing $75 jag carts... EEK! :P ]

B&C Computervisions also sells the cart (http://www.myatari.com).

In addition there is the Jaguar System Test Board which I have details about on my website. Link should be in my profile with this posting. The Jaguar System Test Board does better testing of the system. But these boards have been pretty much grabbed up by collectors or other techies. So they may not easily be found. I'm pretty sure B&C is sold out of them.

Also, B&C is now selling the LMS915 CD diagnostic cart and the test CD. One of my projects is to take the existing test procedures that Atari had written for use in their repair area and clean these up to make them more user friendly. I also want to incorporate the knowledge I have gained recently of repairing Jaguar CD units and document the DSA error codes that the LMS915 software reports.

Regards,

Glenn