IGNORED

Some Miscellaneous Stuff

bluswimmer

Hi Everyone!

Attached below are three ROMs of mine that have not been given a wide release, but are in a (mostly) playable state. Don't get too excited; most of this is just alternate versions of stuff I've released before.

The first is "Pepper Penguin", an alternate version of Bird and Beans I created for the Retron 77. In order to sidestep potential copyright concerns, the bird was recolored into a blue penguin standing on an ice platform, and you collect peppers instead of beans. This is pretty much just a graphics swap; the game plays identically otherwise. Note that the scanline count has been changed so that it displays properly on a real console; the game is identical to its original release otherwise.

The second is "PRGE Trip", an alternate version of Balloon Trip made for PRGE 2018, though I can't actually verify if this was at the show that year since I didn't attend. The basic gameplay is the same, but the balloons are replaced with letters. Collecting the letters "P R G E" in that order awards bonus points.

The final one is just simply titled "Disc Game". This game uses the driving controller. You play as the black dot, and the goal of the game is to rotate to avoid the various discs. This was originally made earlier this year, but I wasn't very confident in the game, so I never ended up releasing it until now.

Maybe I'll get back to making a proper game one of these days... oh well.

pepperpenguin.bin prgetrip.bin discgame.bin

• Like 6

15 hours ago, bluswimmer said:

The final one is just simply titled "Disc Game". This game uses the driving controller. You play as the black dot, and the goal of the game is to rotate to avoid the various discs. This was originally made earlier this year, but I wasn't very confident in the game, so I never ended up releasing it until now.

Maybe you could utilize the button, e.g. for a different radius or double step rotation. The size of the dot could also change when pressed. And there could be discs you have to collect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Maybe you could utilize the button, e.g. for a different radius or double step rotation. The size of the dot could also change when pressed. And there could be discs you have to collect.

Some interesting suggestions. For now the game will probably stay as-is, since I'm not particularly motivated to update it further. Maybe some day if I get an itch to go back to it...