IGNORED

Jurassic Park

Jasoco

I've noticed that the Jurassic Park games for the NES, SNES and Genesis are all different. Especially the Genesis which is completely different.

If they were all made apparently by "Ocean", why are they all different? I thought companies liked to keep their cross-platform games similar to make it easier? I can understand a license like Aladdin.. But this one makes me wonder.

I've noticed that the Jurassic Park games for the NES, SNES and Genesis are all different. Especially the Genesis which is completely different.

If they were all made apparently by "Ocean", why are they all different? I thought companies liked to keep their cross-platform games similar to make it easier? I can understand a license like Aladdin.. But this one makes me wonder.

Depends on the company.

They did what they could on the NES(which is pretty close to the GB version).

Then they made the SNES one.

Anyways, Ocean didn't make the Sega ones(thank goodness). They were only responsible for the Nintendo versions.

Seems no one signed an exclusive license.

Ah. Ok. So the Digital Press Genesis list is wrong, then. It says Ocean.

BTW. How did Ocean handle the aprt in the game where you have to go inside and walk around in a 3D environment (Ala DOOM or Wolfenstein.) in the NES and GB versions?

And did they use any special chip to accomplish this 3D effect?

I'm quite sure that the NES/Gameboy versions don't have that... all they have in those versions are the overhead scenes and that's all.

I actually quite like the NES version of this game actually... possibly even more than the Genesis version which everyone seemed to love at the time.

--Zero

Ah. Ok. So the Digital Press Genesis list is wrong, then. It says Ocean.

BTW. How did Ocean handle the aprt in the game where you have to go inside and walk around in a 3D environment (Ala DOOM or Wolfenstein.) in the NES and GB versions?

It's a unified game engine. Think Zelda.

And did they use any special chip to accomplish this 3D effect?

Nope. Just some fancy mode-7 trickery. It really shows too.

The SNES wasn't the system for first-person shooters.

I suspect it was a similar effect to the Wolfenstein port?
Exactly. Only without changing the raptors to giant rats.

We can shoot german soldiers but not german shepards? I love dogs too, Nintendo, but that's a kind of silly change.