IGNORED

ColecoADAM.Net YouTube Channel

jblenkle

9 hours ago, jblenkle said:

I set it as that, but as this was my first video I did not realize that turned off comments. I have since changed it so people are allowed to leave comments.

Also, setting the channel as made for kids prevents notifications being turned on.  Is your channel really targeted at kids?

54 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Also, setting the channel as made for kids prevents notifications being turned on.  Is your channel really targeted at kids?

No, as I said I've changed it since then. When I created it, I didn't really know what those choices were. I figured "made for kids" was safer because the other implied it was adult content rather than for everyone. I didn't know the "made for kids" put restrictions on it.

15 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

You said that you'd turned comments on.  However, it is still not possible for viewers to turn on notifications for your channel as it is still saying that your channel is set to made for kids.  Just a heads up.

I will go look again, but as far as I know "made for kids" is turned off...unless there is a 2nd one in a location I didn't see.

33 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

You said that you'd turned comments on.  However, it is still not possible for viewers to turn on notifications for your channel as it is still saying that your channel is set to made for kids.  Just a heads up.

I do not see any setting for turning "notifications" on...and I searched HELP for it and all I can find are instructions for going into settings on your web browser and turning them on there so your browser can receive notifications. I know I am subscribed to other YouTube channels and see the notification icon there and I get notifications. But the page I see when I go to my channel is different than what I see for the other channels so I don't know ifb I'm seeing the same page you see.

14 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Perhaps there's not only a setting for your channel but also for each video.

OK, so I logged on to YouTube with a different account and went to my channel. There is nothing there for notifications from the channel.

But when you go to the individual videos (of which there is currently only the one Halloween one), there is a subscribe button. When you click on subscribe and then the notification bell next to it, you will be signed up to receive notifications for anything posted to that channel.

22 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

This is what I get when I click on the bell icon to try and turn on notifications.  A message appears in the bottom left of the screen.

Bell.thumb.png.ccb36aeee15d62e83e7eaeda2fe4d233.png

I don't know why you are getting that. The channel is no longer set to "made for children" and I just successfully subscribed and turned on notifications from the YouTube account I just created to test it.

Maybe because you subscribed before I changed the setting???

Try unsubscribing and resubscribing and then see if it works.