IGNORED

Doom 32X Resurrection

Wesker

Despite having no use for it with no 32x being possible, I've enjoyed watching this develop into a should be favorite for sega.  What is though I can use for Sega is that Final Fight conversion to the GEN/MD whenever that pops up, it has been quiet.  Also that further back in development port of SOTN, both just amazing.  Also come to think of it, wherever it is at too Metal Slug.

The work people are doing really pushing these systems from Sega is incredible.

• 5 weeks later...

FYI, a new update has dropped on Romhacking.net. The biggest additions in my eyes is the addition of the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind, more rendering options and offloading of audio processing to the Sega CD for a slight performance boost if you have it. Note that this latest version requires a device capable of 32X bankswitching. Some older flash carts currently do not support this (hopefully that will be fixed in time).

It’s crazy to think this version keeps on getting large updates like this. Can’t wait to roll through it later and see the bosses in action.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3

Doom fans, they never will cease to amaze.

If someone can find a way to somehow break the 4th wall of what the FX chip is limited to on SNES, I would not be surprised in the slightest if someone added as much missing content and optimizations possible on that one.  Sadly Randy just ran out of room with few bytes left to spare leaving it where it was.  A coding error made is slower than it could be as someone did address in the last year, but still, that's about it.  You get some tools on here wanking around on what the MSU1 can do and then into fantasy land, but what if someone was so utterly insane to make a MSU version or perhaps code up an even more insane FGPA FX3 (or whatever) to get Doom going all in on the hardware.  If any game would do it, it's Doom, because Doom fans are insane, and seeing it run on a birth control test, an office printer, and on an android touch refrigerator made that quite clear.

• Like 1

This continues to be a very exciting project, as I don't even like Doom!  HA HA.  Vic is amazing, and he's also created a new driver that allows the SEGA CD to pick up sound processing via PCM, which frees the 32X processors up.  It's kind of funny that they released a "patch" on romhacking, when in fact this is really a new, standalone game.  Yes a lot was taken from the Jaguar port, but they replaced the entire engine, it's really no longer the original 32x game at all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yep i have seen domm resurrection on the 32X and it is amezing,also the homebrew port of gba doom is mind blowing as well,(hack theres even a homebrew genesis port wich uses a powerful costume chip)

BUT as you can guest it,i want to see a restored version of snes doom with a the missing things added back in,and with all the flaws and shortcomings of it removed,even if that requires to add a 32bit risc chip along with more memory inside a snes cartride,i just want to see it happen,

it’s not fair to see genesis and snes games getting improved overtime by homebrewers while little get’s done for improving snes games such as arcade ports,i only saw sa1 hacks or hirom hacks of snes games but that’s it (i don’t count those msu1 audio hacked games because it bypasses the snes audio chip),

so let somebody stand up and unfold everything out of the reality engine from snes doom(including unused features) and add missing stuff back in along with a powerful costum chip to become much better on the snes,it deserved to be better,so why not.

12 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Why no homebrewer make PSVR work on SNES?  Not fair!

Well whether this is sarcastic or not,with adaptors and signal convertors we should get psvr work on the snes,well i do got the victormaxx stuntmaster wich do work with the snes,BUT it’s sadly not wireless,theres no multi screen or mirrors inside it and it’s not the best quality and it also doesn’t sit confortible on my head and it’s also very easy to damage the motion tracking system,so a psvr connected to a snes would be a great alternative to play 3D games on the snes such as starfox,wolf3D,stunt race fx etc,,,

5 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well whether this is sarcastic or not,with adaptors and signal convertors we should get psvr work on the snes,well i do got the victormaxx stuntmaster wich do work with the snes,BUT it’s sadly not wireless,theres no multi screen or mirrors inside it and it’s not the best quality and it also doesn’t sit confortible on my head and it’s also very easy to damage the motion tracking system,so a psvr connected to a snes would be a great alternative to play 3D games on the snes such as starfox,wolf3D,stunt race fx etc,,,

It's difficult to understand what you're saying. You want someone to make PSVR (the PS4 headset, camera, controllers) work on an SNES and then code games to be compatible with it? Please clarify, otherwise...

Unpossible Situations: Trini Edition | San Juan (and even better, why?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

It's difficult to understand what you're saying. You want someone to make PSVR (the PS4 headset, camera, controllers) work on an SNES and then code games to be compatible with it? Please clarify, otherwise...

Unpossible Situations: Trini Edition | San Juan (and even better, why?)

You don’t need to code the snes games for it,what we need is a interface adaptor wich could translate controller input signals intp ps controller commands,while the RGB signal from the snes could be wirelessly transfered and converted into HD signals for the PSVR headset,it will be not perfect by any means but it’s a theoritical way to make the psvr headset became compatible with the snes,not that i will too much care about it,i rather want to see an improved version of the stuntmaster vr headset with wireless head tracking and a much improved lcd screen,it had to be two screens instead,well if you still don’t understand it then i don’t know what will.

10 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

You don’t need to code the snes games for it,what we need is a interface adaptor wich could translate controller input signals intp ps controller commands,while the RGB signal from the snes could be wirelessly transfered and converted into HD signals for the PSVR headset,it will be not perfect by any means but it’s a theoritical way to make the psvr headset became compatible with the snes,not that i will too much care about it,i rather want to see an improved version of the stuntmaster vr headset with wireless head tracking and a much improved lcd screen,it had to be two screens instead,well if you still don’t understand it then i don’t know what will.

I'm well aware of the Stuntmaster. If I recall (sold my last one several years back), it was really nothing more than an old-fashioned LCD with an embedded d-pad like controller to do kind of a pretend head tracking.

I still stand by my statement that there's going to be zero will for someone to do what you ask, especially with a PSVR due to the level of complexity and the vanishingly small number of people who would actually be interested. Still, never say never. There are some mad, and madly skilled, tinkerers out there. With that said, I'll stop responding, as this is a thread about a real, viable, and ongoing project, Doom 32X Resurrection, for a completely different platform. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...